Moderation

As it seems lately a lot of threads are being locked and there has been a lot of 2 day bannings going on.

I am not going to say any names or anything but I am pretty sure that there is more than 1 mod on the site. I have seen most of the threads and banning from only one mod. And I have counted numerous times in off topic that the thread was closed with the remarks of “We don’t give a fuck".

What kind of attitude is that to approach something, if its going off the topic of the thread and going in the wrong direction simply say thread heading in wrong direction instead of having the piss poor attitude of we don’t give a fuck.

I understand some of the banning but when it’s for 2 days and then someone makes a comment and seems like they were kidding around and then go ahead and get banned for 2 weeks is dumb.

Also I know the mods have certain forums assigned to them but also are able to mod other forums. But it seems one mod is on a kind of power trip and banning and locking everything that it seems they don’t like.

When the site first opened up I thought I was going to be totally different that it’s counter part “ubrf”. I thought there wasn’t going to be any stupid bannings and it was going to be a more liberal, more laid back site. But as of late it seems as if its taking the path that ubrf took at one time. And if it keeps going this way I think it’s going to have a similar down fall.

I have addressed this issue with one of the mods, and also got a PM from another concerning my sig I had which was deleted. I sent him a PM and never heard back from him.

I’m in no way trying to bash the site or anyone on it i am just trying to voice my opinion and concerns. And in no way to I have beef with anyone from the site for this, it’s just a site I just don’t agree with some of the moderation techniques as of late

Why not say any names? Tell us how you really feel. Name names.

:tup:

Hopefully this is just a little blip in the matrix thing here.

why bring names into this, ive told you how i really feel. And i think the person knows exactly who they are

and it seems like some of the mods dont agree with some of the things he does either

If that’s not a copout, then I don’t know what is. If you feel so strongly, then spell it out. Leave no doubt in anyone’s mind. Grow a pair.

If you just like to whine and hear yourself talk, then take it somewhere else.

And while you’re at it, describe the situation on why your sig got removed, and everything else as well. Why hide it? To hell with innuendo (sp?). Bring it all out for everyone to see. The truth will prevail.

you want me to grow a pair

here they are

i think your a power hungry asshole who has been on a power trip ever since you got to become a admin

i think its complete shit that you just go around like you own the fucking site

my sig had a pic of terry tate which is your avatar then it had + admin = Power trip

i showed beck, and i believe he showed someone else and both thought it was funny, because it is the truth

and im not trying to whine or anything im just stating what i think and whats going latley

and it seems as of late its nothing like how the site was when it first started

Bravo. You did it. Was that so hard?

Back to work for me. I’m sure others will chime in. No sense keeping it all bottled up, everybody get in here and let it all hang out. :tup:

it was hard since im not normally like that, but when you call me out specially being a mod like that is very unprofesional

I’m a person just like you. Has nothing to do with being proffesional. Being a mod is not my job in life. If you have a problem, spell it out clearly so there is no confusion. This tends to work in everyday life too, not just the internet. Now that you have made your feelings clear, a discussion can develop. I’ll check back later. :tup:

:tup: it seems like you take this admin thing way to serious

i dont know you in real life so i cant make really any judgments about you, but as an admin ive expressed how i feel.

i mostly lurk so my opinion isn’t too important…but i agree with jeff. i feel rx3 has been on a big power trip. i used to really look forward to his posts, but as of late it’s a lot of locked threads that i don’t really think need to be locked. it reminds me of the shit i hated about ubrf (see: toda).

this is kind of off-topic, but one thing that i found myself smiling about that RX3 did was when he locked a recent thread where two guys got into some shit - as soon as they both had their say, he locked it to prevent 7some pgs of drama. i think that was cool.

All three people that were banned deserved it. Period.

The thread that got locked stopped a shit load of drama.

i also saw that and i agree with that, but other thread lockings he did were different

i’m not saying every choice he makes is bad. like i said, i have a lot of respect for him and i usually enjoy his posts because they are very informative. it’s just funny this thread came up because me and some friends were just discussing the moderation tactics as of late on this site last night in the car. don’t worry jeff, you are not alone in your thoughts.

The only thing I’m concerned about is on instances when certain individuals have been sngled out for posts in the one thread about cuban-crisis and Chino, where 3 individuals were banned for a few days while other people who also added comments not worth anything to the thread after you said no unnecesarry input from uninvolved parties left coments that went unnoticed.

I guess if you are going to ban people, you need to be equal about it and ban each and every person who commits a similar violation.

I’m not trying to start shit by any means and I could personally care less how things are moderated as life goes on no matter what. It is just something I noticed that I felt like tossing out there for discussion.

i have no problem with any of the lockings ive seen so for

if you think rx3 is locking to many threads, maybe you should visit club3g.com … mods there like to lock threads for little to no reason… seriously

someone willl say “im having problem xxxx and ive searched but cant find the answer i need, someone help” and a mod will jump in and say to search again and proceed to lock the thread

the only “bad moderating” that ive seen done so far was the beck & mr beck banning situation … but that was a mistake, and i doubt that rx3 had a grudge or anything against beck that caused that

I didn’t agree with the whole Nichole thing, since western union was a good (great) way to make sure his money got to where it was suppose to.

However, otherwise, I find his…tactics…very desirable.

As much as we have never gotten along, and have disliked each other for quite a long time, iamjeff, I agree with you 100%

:tup: for having the courage to speak your mind.

if a rick sees a thread going downhill, he puts his foot down :gotme:

thats what they are suposed to do, be a MODERATOR and MODERATE threads.