MoHud SCCA Auto X Sat and Sun April 25/26, 2009

jeep

not familiar enough with the steering wheel? :wink:

wat

I wish i still had my 01’Gt, id show ya how its done!! I miss that car

I was inquiring if Adam was insufficiently acquainted with said steering wheel to participate in an autocross even. This statement was inferring that Adam’s Ford Mustang was not “set up”, if you will, to perform well upon roads that incorporate curves, bends, turns, etc.

nah man, she scared herself attempting to drive the course. she was already petrified before she got in the mustang. lol i just wanted her to try it, and she did. shes not really the “driving” type. Russ was a real cool guy, we appreciated him taking her for a ride. :bowdown It really wasn’t his fault at all, no reason to feel bad!

next time i’ll thieve her car without her knowing about it and just come out with my bro.

shame we really didn’t get a chance to meet/talk. I think i overheard you talking about why you changed your slicks back to the stockers … that was you right?? Anyway, I’m gonna miss this next one, its too far for me to haul, but i’d like to make the next one up there at ACC. Hope to see/meet you soon.

? Story time.

wide R-comps + bumpy ACC surface + unrolled fenders = rubbing/popping/bending of metal

Sounds familiar…

:rofl Self-zing right there.

Well,…you know i’m done with the nonsense…

Bah, we’ve heard it before. You cant just leave, it owns you.

I thought all my fenders were rolled, but like an idiot I never checked the rears, and sure enough, they aren’t. So, I’m now the proud owner of a fender lip roller that is currently somewhere between South Bend, IN and North Bethlehem, NY.

The other issue is spring rates. National class Evos who run that wheel/tire setup are running spring rates of 12Kg front & 16Kg rear, while I believe mine are 8Kg/11Kg. I didn’t want insanely stiff springs because I knew they’d never mix well with our non-concrete runway smooth venues here. So since my suspension actually has motion in it…

All was great until I got into the bottom half of the course. I heard one “bang!” and thought “what the hell was that?”, but all seemed normal going into the turn around. Then as I motored back up towards the finish, it sounded like my Mitsubishi was taking fire from Pappy Boyington from Black Sheep Squadron.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3382/3483991375_09fcc03967_o.jpg

At that point I figured I’d ripped a swaybar mount out or something, but it was the 285s getting hung on the rear lips when the suspension decompressed, pulling the rear lips down and making them nice and wavy. The tires look like they are ok, but the right side rear lip feels like it began to separate. Oh well, the car’s 6 yrs old and bound for track duty eventually anyway.

:lol - I’ll let Russ know; he’ll feel better.

Yep - my plans for grip glory went a bit awry. That’s what happens when you choose family reunions over test-n-tunes.

By all means introduce yourself. Now I know Bobby (dkid15), after working with him in timing.

EJ you just opened yourself up to frequent and relentless PMs to borrow your new fender rolling tool.

Thanks for the illustration too, pictures halp me reed gud. :smiley:

I was JUST about to PM him, no joke :rofl :smiley:

Yeah it was good to meet you, lyndon, and just about everyone there lol. I got a chance to work timing and on the course so im familiar with the jobs now. I just picked up another job so i think i should be able to get some coilovers by the next scca event.

What car were you driving? Personally I think you get more out of mods if you buy them after you have exceeded the potential in the stock equipment. Especially with something like coilovers which have multiple adjustments it is easy to make the suspension handle worse than it did stock. Just something to think about before you blow $1k+.

Thems some words of wisdom…

The wife just came home and said “what’s that big box in the garage?”, which turned out to be said roller. That was fast - I ordered it yesterday around noon from Tire Rack.

It might be available for rent once I’m done with it. Sliding scale, depending on whether I like you or not, how much you bad mouth autocrossing, etc.