MoHud SCCA Auto X Sat and Sun April 25/26, 2009

Yea --I have to take more than one course walk through–bad habits.

And as for the entry count. This region has handled many more entrants than that and started on time. I hope Sunday was an exception to the rule.

How many runs did you guys get on Sunday?

Was at the TNT but I only recognize Lyndon from this forum, I am pretty sure there are more people from 518 on Saturday. Saturday’s long course was pretty fun, and watching lowered cars doing ramp jumps was quite inspiring.

3 runs first heat, 2 runs second heat.

Which car did you run? (I may have met you and didn’t realize, or not…)

Silver Cobalt.

You may not remember, but we’ve actually met before. I gave you a set of used yoko’s a few years back and you came to my apartment to pick it up.

Yes sir- those tires were put to good use! And I did see the silver cobalt- sorry, I didn’t realize that was you. Glad you made it though, sir!

Yeah im definitely going both days next time. I like to compete but i want to learn first. My times were drastically improving i just wish i got a few more runs in. Im definitely hooked though. I also didnt mind the late start because the novice walk though really helped me out.

You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how quickly you improve. You’ll get up to 85% pretty quick. The hard part is getting that last 15.

^that’s exactly how i was last year, and still am this year :banghead

I see.

I got around 10 runs on Saturday’s TNT. If we have good weather next week, SAD would be extremely fun I am sure.

Runway courses are always fun.

i’ve never done an airfield course, i’d love to try it. how much $ is a TnT at SAD? i’m an SCCA member

if it’s not too much and the weather is nice, i’ll do my best to be there

I believe 3 slots left and you need to pre-register. If you don’t mind the drive to the event, you will have lots of fun.

http://www.mohud-scca.org/Discuss/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1766

DAMN forgot it was that far away :lol

i was thinking that it was the local army depot, i forget the name of it now

Guys - thanks for coming out! The event went pretty well, considering some of the issues we faced.

As far as the slow start, I want to apologize on behalf of the club. There were several things that contributed to it, including our normal registration people being absent, but mostly it was the slow manual entry of the registrants into the computer. We had a lot of people unsure of their class, needed numbers, etc. Now that most of you are already in the computer, it’ll go much faster next time (plus our regular folks should be in attendance).

The number of entrants was great! DJ is right - that should be no issue. It is, however, the first time we’ve run up there with a course that took longer than 45 seconds to complete. We’re used to making up for a late start by easily getting all our runs in, and now with the longer course we no longer have that luxury. I promise you it will be discussed as how to best address it.

With that said, how many of you would be interested in pre-registering? You’d still pay once you showed up, but we could conceivably offer on-line registration in order to avoid some of the delays at the registration tent. The club is considering it, but we’re unsure of how many people would take advantage of it. You could still walk up on the day of the event if you so chose…

Wayne - I heard your wife got scared off by her ride with Russ in the Mustang. He felt so bad, he was really upset about it. I hope she’s recovered. :wink:

I think pre-registration would would be a great idea. I see no disadvantages, especially if you can still “walk on.”

I saw Byron show up for 30 minutes or so late in the day in wagonzilla without Danielle, didn’t get a chance to say hi to him, though, I was to busy calling in all the off courses/cones from station 5 :smiley:

Yeah, Byron had some work issues he had to deal with.

Thanks for the feedback on online reg. I have a feeling we’ll implement it before the end of the season…

That turn around down at the far end was a killer - the cones were just so far out of your vision it was tough to make sure you saw them all. I went off the first time through there, too, with no idea what I’d missed. Luckily I got to talk to guys in the grid about it and someone mentioned the tricky cone going into the turn-around, which I almost missed but caught last second, but then someone mentioned another on the way out of the turn-around. Next time thru, sure enough I saw it way off to the right.

I foresee some serious fender rolling in my future before the next event… :banghead

Hmm, im thinking of bringing the intrepid out for the hell of it :lol

do it

slicks n skinnies mustang>>>>>>>>> intrepid

Nah, the stang aint goin out there :lol