WNY SCCA 2008 Autox Season and ***NOVICE SCHOOL***

Calendar is posted and registration is open at
http://www.wny-scca.com
and since Chino felt it necessary to register for events that he was not supposed to, I figured I’d share some info for everyone so that hopefully everyone doesn’t make the same mistakes he did.

Follow the link on the left side for Event Registration. Registration does not mean you have to show up. It will speed up the process on site if I already have your info. So please, if you think you might show, just pre-register.

Rulebooks:
2008 Solo Rules
2008 Solo Categories
2008 Solo Stock Class by Make
2008 Solo Street Touring Class by Manufacturer

NEW RULE FOR 2008
Every entrant needs to be a member for every event. If you are not a member, you can buy a “Weekend Membership” at the event. There is a short, half sheet form you will need to fill out. We will be piloting an online system for non-member registration soon, but it isn’t ready yet.

Members: $20
Non-members: $30

So if you are a member, please make sure to include your membership number in your profile (under “Edit My Info”).

NOVICE SCHOOL
Confirmed: Novice School at ECCN on April 20, 2008. All drivers and volunteers will have to pre-register with me via email (sureshot007 at gmail dot com). Novice school is open to anyone with less than 3 events under their belt. If you have never tried it before, this is a chance to check it out with hands on help from experienced instructors. We may allow for those with slightly more experience to participate, if space is available.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me, pm me, post here or on http://www.wny-scca.com .

:tup:

I’m probably going to sign up for that novice school but I’ll read up on it later.

The $30 non-member fee includes the weekend membership. This gives you full scca privelages for the weekend, including much better insurance coverage. The membership is good for 5 days, so any solo or rallyx events in that 5 day period are covered, you do need to keep your copy of the form as proof thought (this would apply mostly to rallyx/autocross weekends).

Jim, I’m volunteering to work/instruct

Edit: …for the novice school, that is. Although, I’m always open to instructing at other events too, if need be.

I’ll have more info on Novice School when the date is solid.

I’m in for novice school.

Just to be perfectly clear:

NOVICE SCHOOL IS NOT SOLID YET

AND REGISTRATION FOR SCHOOL IS VIA EMAIL ONLY.

Posts here will not be considered for anything.

jim!

I am going to help novice school

Damn. SORRY. Misread your last sentence… don’t have to bite our heads off.

fixed previous post to add more rage.

I’m down for school once more info is released :slight_smile:

As the post mentioned, it’s $20 for members, and $30 for non-members per event. At the first event, if you are not a member, you will have to fill out a Temporary Membership form. Save this form. It is worth a $15 discount on your first annual membership fee. You are allowed to use 2 of the, so after your first two events as a non-member, you will have spent and extra $20 on the entry fees, but you will get a $30 discount on the membership fee. For more membership info, you should check out scca.com

Any change for spectators? Really looking forward to trying out that 200mm lense when the races start.

I’ll probably run at the Batavia event and maybe one ECCN event this year.

So I take it things did not go well with NCCC in the off season? I’ll say it again… you better get real serious about noise issues at ECC-N with it being your only local venue left.

No change for spectators. Just sign the waiver.

From what I heard, NCCC is building dorms (yeah, dorms at a community college), and they are using the lots.

Great, all the novices will be driving stoned at novice school.

I’ll help out @ novice school.

let me drive your car at novice school :slight_smile:

i’ll help you drive your car at novice school :slight_smile:

As long as you don’t “Zong” it…