mom wants a bmw...

You must have missed the Honda part. :dunno

Also: http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1556/consumer-reports-most-reliable-cars/

Europe’s bumpy road
BMW had a bad year, with five of 11 models now scoring below average. Although the BMW M3 topped the sporty cars category, the 1, 3, and 5 Series models with the 3.0-liter, turbocharged engine had high problem rates related to the fuel system, among other issues.

Mercedes-Benz had the least reliable vehicles in three categories. Six of its 13 models were below average, and the GLK SUV was far below average this year. The redesigned E350 sedan was above average, but the new E-Class coupe, a wholly different car, was a disappointment.

Almost three-quarters of the Audi models we analyzed were below average. Volkswagen did better, with its Golf (formerly Rabbit) doing very well and the various Jetta models doing average or better.

Isn’t that what I said above? Mainly about Mercedes, etc.?

And: Latest Australian Car and Motoring News, Trends, Recalls - Drive

Best and worst cars: 2011 Consumer Reports Reliability Survey

1. Scion (no change from 2010)
  2. Lexus (+7 places)
  3. Acura (-)
  4. Mazda (+8)
  5. Honda (-1)
  6. Toyota (-)
  7. Infiniti (-2)
  8. Subaru (-1)
  9. Nissan (+5)
  10. Volvo (-2)
  11. Hyundai (-)
  12. Kia (+1)
  13. Jeep (+7)
  14. Lincoln (+1)
  15. Chrysler (+12)
  16. Volkswagen (-)
  17. Chevrolet (-)
  18. Mercedes-Benz (+4)
  19. BMW (+4)
  20. Ford (-10)
  21. Dodge (+3)
  22. GMC (-1)
  23. Mini (+2)
  24. Buick (-6)
  25. Cadillac (-6)
  26. Audi (-)
  27. Porsche (-25)
  28. Jaguar (n/a)

Check out Germany and America. YEAH BABY! :lol

Topic was starting to go off topic before I got here. It’s okay though. There is always a double standard to Ilya’s posts. :lol

Have a good night. I’m outa here.

I caught the Honda part, but it was because it was being compared to a German car’s reliability in which of course the Honda would win. No one cares about Mercedes (which you also brought up) as the OP is looking for a BMW, and only a BMW.

You’re also quoting a report from 2010, in which both the 3 and 5 series have been replaced already. Also, they only mention the turbo 3.0L engine (which is the same in the 135/335/535) and the fuel issues (which was just the high-pressure fuel pump, recalled already). Nothing else mentioned on the BMW side.

I’ve been siding with you quite frequently over the past several months, so don’t think there’s any sort of double standard. It just seems like you’re going out of your way to put your two cents in.

Russians love Japanese cars and are never wrong.

Italians fucking hate infinitis.

i never said a damn word about a honda… or a mercedes… or an infinity… or anything else besides a bmw… there is no choice here as far as brand goes besides bmw for fuck’s sake… who gives a flying shit that your infinity gets worse mpg’s than my stalled auto tahoe… jesus fuck, some people really know how to take a thread out into left field

Hahahahaha awesome. Your moms looking at sick new bmws and this fucking kids talking about a m35x Infiniti.

335diesel

Not you :facepalm. I was referring to NeoH.

Anyway, your guys’ reaction is hilarious :lol.

Like I said, IMO, German car fans are similar to Apple/Starbucks product fans…no matter what you tell them, their choice is still the best. Even if it’s more expensive, less equipped, and breaks down more. They always know best.

:rofl :rofl

All I know is that Infinitis are garbage

Cool story bro. :tbu

So then Japanese car fans are more like Windows fans? They refuse to acknowledge a better end product when they see one?

More expensive, yes, I will agree in some instances. The other two, not so much.

http://www.edmunds.com/finder/car-finder-results.html?finder_q=type:Sedan;#finder_q=type%3ASedan%3Bmake%3ABMW%3Bmake%3AInfiniti%3Bmake%3ALexus%3B

Interesting… The 5-series and 3-series have a lower base MSRP than your beloved Infiniti and most Lexus models. The 3-series has an MSRP of $2300 over the Infiniti G sedan, and $1305 over the Lexus IS250. 5-series is $800 below your M-sedan, with significantly better gas mileage as well.

On the high end of things, the Lexus LS600h is $15k more than the hybrid 7-series, and Infiniti simply does not have a car to compete on that scale.

The Lexus IS-F MSRP is higher than the M3 MSRP as well, and you’re not getting nearly as much car.

YOTA: Just tell your mom to go with the 5-series line. /thread lol

My fathers '01 BMW 540i has not had a single problem aside from normal maintenance and is very equipped for the year…show me an '01 Infiniti that’s not a piece of shit.

Also my Apple products have never had any issues and are as “well-equipped” as I’ll ever need.

All of your statements are describing EXACTLY you, but you own the shittier opposites of what you’re attacking. What I’m saying is you probably own an Android powered phone and a Japanese car.

Stopped reading this thread after Ilya chimed in. He just talks out of his ass so much it’s fucking ridiculous. Log off and go jerk it to pics of the hot girl you failed to put a ring on. I’m sure shes probably taking in a black guy right now.

:lol

jesus… black dude def has a fucking 13in. corn on him too…

op bmw’s inline 6 motors are some of the best motors in the world, reliability is not an issue with them ( ie. 2.5,2.8,3.0 ) but their v8’s have a few more problems, oil consumption and vanos issues. i would stay away from the twin turbo motor’s due to some previous issues unless u get the extended warranty.

tbh inifniti’s are great value for the money, i think g37s coupe’s are great and i might be picking one up as my next car but i wouldnt buy any other infiniti. and at the end of the day they are glorified nissans

Mom took delivery of her new ride yesterday. :slight_smile:

milf

id rock out with my cock out only with my cock inside your mom

Fucking sick. What is Visolos