Montoya

:bloated:
unsubscribed

I think you got that backwards. Montoya had the POS roundyround car at the limit the entire time while Gordon was only approaching what the FW24 was capable of. That is to be expected as the limits on an F1 car are much higher, but Montoya showed he was capable of moving a far slower vehicle pretty well.

haha - I like that description.

If Montoya didn’t get picked up by any team, then he went from 0 -> $5mil, which is a substantial pay increase, and that means he is doing it for the money.

Sorry, but wrong. Gordon pulled off a 1:16 in the indycar, only one second behind what Montoya did, whereas Montoya locked up the brakes and flatspotted a tire. Thank you, come again

Did someone already say that Gordon can drive the piss out of anything with wheels??? try comparing Montoya to someone else in Nascar.

There is no other direct comparison available, thats why.
To put things in perspective, take a look at the IROC standings from the last couple years, which is open to the best drivers in the world from all walks of racing.
http://www.irocracing.com/current_season/history.html

Gordon grew up in Indiana driving open wheeled cars… Like Bret said when they interviewed Gordon in USGP he loved getting into an F1 car and said it was easy to drive…now i am not a Gordon fan but just because he drives a roundy round doesnt mean he cant do indy or F1…he always does good when NASCAR hits the roadcourses…and thats like me driving the maxima against an Elise on a roadcourse or auto-x course

I watched it, apparently you didn’t. Of course he locked it up, he’s used to an F1 car that can brake at 5 g’s. If you knew what you were talking about you would have seen that, especially since it wasn’t an indycar. Get a clue before saying I’m wrong.

Gordon would make a good F1 driver for sure, he’s got the skills. But of course the same can’t be said for most NASCAR drivers. It’s like comparing bar league hockey to the NHL, it takes a special freak of nature to be FAST in an F1 car.

i watched it too.
over 2 years ago.
So I do know what i’m talking about, and half of being a good driver is being able to adapt to your car. Controlling that much power with a 4spd auto and rear wheel drive is more impressive than any open wheel time

now Danica Patrick might make the move to NASCAR as well

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OOOOkaaaaay. I’m out of this conversation. 4 spd auto? WTF? Clueless.

Not on a professional level where your team is 20+ people deep and the budget is tens of millions of dollars. You don’t adapt to shit. You convey the characteristics of the car with your team and they change it to suit you. They in turn convey the best lap times throughout those changes. And then improve on that system during a 36 race year schedual.

It’s not their job to jump in a random car every weekend for a publicity stunt.

Especially in NASCAR where all the cars are the same, and run in packs. You win a race based on luck, and how your team works. No real driver skill involved.

Well, there is some skill involved in qualifying - but after that, it’s all about who’s pit crew is faster, avoiding accidents, and drafting until the last turn.

You have got to be fucking kidding me…

Maybe he’s taking a salary cut…but the money he can bring in from endorsments…

The rules in F1 are getting lame, they need to open that series up more so we can have some good rivalries played out on the track. F1 is still the pinnacle of motorsports though.

im think there was sarchasim there… at least i hope there was.

This coming from an employee of a sponsor of the strongest NASCAR team :roll:

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/talladega_nights__the_ballad_of_ricky_bobby/will_ferrell/talladega_poster.jpg