Moon Township Car Show - Sept 10th

haha nice i think my friend took a pic of you doing one earlier
ill send it over to ya later

Was that fire from your brakes??? I saw that. On a plus note…your car has a healthy sound to it! I liked it. What annoys me more than anything is that 99% of the vehicles entering the burnout competition were beat ass old trucks, like the douchbag with the rusted out s10 with a bed full of tires. He got busted by the cops for something though, they didn’t let him participate the last event. There were tons of cars I would have loved to see in there, but instead it was a bunch of redneck hillbillies burning off their truck tires. And yuppies trying to lay tire in their stock s10 blazers and Ford Rangers. The one red and black Chevy truck was nice, but that was it.

these small engine freaks just don’t understand.

there is no replacement for displacement. peried. end of story.

I’m with ya Quik. :love:

basically what I was saying that its all relative… fastest imports around these parts were in the 14s about 4 years ago… today 10 second imports are all around, technology has definitely changed in the past few years.

yes but in the next few years the whole import thing will die off. its a fad just like everything else

if the movies werent such a huge hit you wouldnt see that many imports around. now they are dieing off and not as many today as there was years ago

preach on my brother, but to jeff from first try…bring that boat anchor i like large cubed small blocks that like to rev

you are stating an opinion, not a fact… if anything bigger engines will start to die off since Car manufactures are looking for economy friendly engines.

thats stupid since a LS1 can see 30mpg and i doubt that knowing that most companies now are going large. for example a 6.2 litre in the new trucks, now you have a 7.0 in a vette which puts down great numbers and still gets 25mpg or so. so the theory of losing large motors is out the window. newer motors get better mileage then other ones

then look at you 8.0 litre trucks and cars

why buy a 4 banger that gets 25mpg when you can get a v8 that gets 30mpg and has more then enough acceleration??? just doesnt make sense to go 4 banger lately.

if you think its an opinion have fun with that, youre in that crowd you dont see the outcome. ppl on outside can clearly see the 4 banger world

nice sweet man

honestly man i have no idea the guy just yelled at me after there was an un godly amount of smoke then said it caught fire and told me to chill for a minute my one friend watching it said it looked like the the rubber caught or some shit all i saw was smoke and heard the guy yell

hahahahah

thats just an opinion from a guy who drives a truck.

And why would gm try out things like the cobalt SS? Or dodge with a srt4? … yes fwd/4cly/FI!

if everyone had f-bodies at a car show there wouldnt be anything interesting. What is your problem against imports?

I just think the times are changing. for the introduction the cobalt srt4s etc. its not like it was back in the 60s early 70s. as much as i hate it thats the way things are…maybe with the introduction of the new camaro challenger etc will bring more younger adults to these types of cars.

but egineering on the new cars be it a 4 banger subie or a v8 powered anything has come a long way in the last 15 years.

auto makers are going to build the cars they can sell. if its fast and tastefull then i am happy even though it might not be my cup of tea

just for the record of love my 4 banger. v8’s are awesome dont get me wrong. but i love the fact that i can take my car to the drag strip or do autox or run out beaver run or a rallyx for that matter. not to mention the fact that these cars are fun as hell in the winter and go anywhere. not that v8’s cant do all these things except maybe rallyx.

thats why there is vanilla and chocolate. some people like v8’s, some like 4 bam
gers. all that matters is if you like cars, were all in the same boat.

not the best pic… i wasn’t taking them or i woulda got ya a better one haha

:slight_smile:
i love how everyone was asking hey is that front wheel drive?! lol… yeeeeahh

my friend ryan changed his tires to do the burnout and layed his stock rims next to his car and when we came back they were gone… so dood in the s 10 drives by as we were standing there and ryan is like yo doods got my rims, the little fucker stole his rims and we went to grab em back and he drove off, so we chased his ass to the spectator parking and caught him just as he was ditching the rims next to some explorer cut him off at the road and my boy rolled up on him and smashed his passenger window as the little bitch stalled his s 10 so he grabbed doods jack handle outa the bed and the kid drove off, so the cops got report of my boy smashin doods window out and we told em what happened and then the kid in the s10 comes back for his jack handle and rolls up on us with like 10 other doods he appologized and it all got straightened out then he went back to do another burn out and the cops caught him from our description and arrested him but we decided not to press charges… the end

thanks dr phil.

Hey Quik, My buddy John had his 25th Anniversary T/A at the show. He just had it dynoed at 575hp at the wheels, pretty good for a procharged 383. He’s shooting for the 10’s. But hess only gotta get 1 pass in, cause no cage. He’s also ordering a meth injection system, which should put the motor at 800hp. Hes calling today to get an article in GM Hi Tech Perf. Magazine. It is truly an awesome machine. I can post some pics.

come on quik why cant you seem to have a civil import vs. domestic conversation with anyone but myself? haha

remember: its pretty fast for a truck… yea but admitt its fast for a 1.8L

:bigthumb: