Moped - Yay or Gay?

Saw a couple riding matching scooters in matching gear yesterday it made me giggle. Then the other day when I was riding my bicycle to work I got passed by a moped made me feel limp wristed for a moment so I had to go do manly things when I got to work. That’s all I got sorry for the zero amount of contribution.

Well, after reading that thread of that kid that got his spine snapped…I’ll stick to my car which has like 20 airbags. Thanks, but no thanks.

Crotch rockets are cool and all, always been a dream of mine to have one, but I don’t trust the other people on the road around me.

People get hurt in car crashes too. Better sell that and just stay inside, wok from home.

That’s not the same, wise ass. A car, in most cases, is way safer than a bike.

Ur the wise ass for tintin dem windas

get an on/off road dirtbike… Total control, 100+ miles to the gallon, COMFORTIBLE to ride for hours unlike a crotch rocket, NOT gay as Elton john like a moped and just all around fun… I sell EVERYTHING I buy lol, I really think im gonna keep my bike, thats how much i love it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2yozxqd.jpg

Ehh, I wouldn’t call those comfortable to ride for hours. My SMR’s seat wasn’t exactly La-Z-boy material.

yeah my KTM625SMC seat was like sitting on a stump or fallen tree limb. I was switching theighs sitting off each side on highways 30 minutes into a ride.

shit sucked as far as long run highway shit.

my SMR was the same way. my ass was numb from a 40 minute ride into work.

My Drz has a max comfortable daily range of ~100 miles and that’s city. Highway only would be less, far less.

Okay? :dunno

idk, on a crotch rocket I get tired of riding after maybe 15 minutes… My back is hurting and I just dont feel like riding anymore… With the dirtbike, I can ride to LG and back and still feel like riding no with backache

i’d say its still a problem for most riders period lol

that CBR250R looks really sweet. if/when i get rid of my sv650 i might get one of those as a commuter if whatever i get isn’t the greatest on gas.

yeah i thought it maybe gave me a false sense of confidence. but if the alternative is just buy a bike and learn on your own then its definetly better.

that CBR looks very nice, especially if it has all the big bike quality parts; clutch brakes, adjustable comp/rebound suspension, etc.

the thing I hated about the ninja 250’s, i have been on an old one and the new looking ones, was the absolute cheap ass shitty feeling everything from everything on the bike. The brakes you could wad on HARD and not even lock up the rear, the fronts were sponges, clutch has a mile long friction point, steering was mehh, suspension was nonexistant for the most part (I would not want to hit a raised man hole or something thats for sure)… the only things that were fine were the shifting and the electrical switches! lol… two things you cant screw up for the most part.

If the CBR is has the good brakes, good clutch, good suspension, already has FI, and is made of the normal components you would expect on a CBR-R just smaller with a small 250cc engine, it would be a BLAST to ride. I am thinking something like the CRF150R little MX race bike was like a CRF2/450R bike bike, VS the CR150F was a glorified scooter with knobies.

i know the ninja250 is a first learners bike… but they should name it “noobie250”… a ninja250 should have all the quality shit, just little engine… so its an under powered, well handeling bike that sips fuel and still is a blast to ride.

Well worth it though!

i was like that at first too, you get used to it after a while. of course i’m on an sv650 not really the same riding position as most sports bikes

CRF150R. bar none the most fun thing i’ve ever controlled. not fast by any means, not with my fat ass on it. but oh so entertaining.

handle bar non