more 07 supra news...

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/supra_1888_1539294

I think this is actually old news but def good news.

$40,000 to $50,000? What are they thinking? The last Supra didn’t sell well because it cost too damn much and weighed a ton (or two to be exact). We need a good, light RWD sports/sporty car on the market in the low to mid $20s not this over priced and overweight crap.

No turbo, no care.

-j

I second that Unless its a V-8 that revs to like 10k.

Looks just like a 350z :down:

so very true, +1

i guess the fact that even so they still were a low 13 second car stock and there bottom end and 6spd could hold upward to 1000hp stock as well and could be making a ton of horse power for cheap. keep telling yourself there crap

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22988

That is ugly as hell. Why in gods name dont they leave the poor car dead. I am not to sure on year wise but only model i really like was the 1 i seen down at. world of wheels last year. Was a black one i think he is a member on here

im almost certain the model you like is the mkiv. that would be the years 93-98

im almost certain the model you like is the mkiv. that would be the years 93-98

Yea i think thats the 1. just was not to sure on year`s.

i guess the fact that even so they still were a low 13 second car stock and there bottom end and 6spd could hold upward to 1000hp stock as well and could be making a ton of horse power for cheap. keep telling yourself there crap

I don’t want a drag car, I want a sports car. You know, something that handles and brakes better than a Chevy Caprice. You probably don’t know him but a local guy runs a turbo Supra on lapping days and even won a national autocross championship (in Street Mod) with his car but it’s just too big and heavy to do much on a tight course. Sports cars should weigh under 2800 pounds and turn and stop on a dime and the Supra doesn’t meet any of that criteria. If you want to go fast in a straight line just put the stupid Supra motor in a pickup truck and stop pretending it does anything else.

I would never trade my car for that… I highly doubt that car will surpass the HP levels the MKIV 2JZ can make with the stock bottom end.

they shouldnt even think about producing that car. hell if they want the return of the supra they should jsut reproduce the mkiv. its like that saying if its not broke dont fix it. the 2jz-gte is a outstanding motor that can rediculas amounts of power stock. the lines of the car so classic and beautiful.

CN: mkiv for the win

someone drank there hatoraide this morning

yup 2jz can hold 900 hp on the stock bottom end. its not even right how good of a motor it is. The 3sgte is also a pretty good motor. The best 4cly toyota has ever made. Theres a guy on the mr boards with over 700 hp on stock internals on his.

Getting back to the new supra it should be the new toyota v8 with the quad cam that should be availible in that car. There also going to have a lexus version availible kind of like how they had the supra and the lexus sc300/400 models.

someone drank there hatoraide this morning

Nope. I’ve done drag racing and now I think that there’s more to motorsports then writing big checks and standing on the gas for 11 seconds. I currently participate in motorsports activities that take some sort of driving skill and I particularly enjoy a car that is light enough to be very tossable on a road course or autocross and fat ass Supras are hardly tossable in my opinion.

to everyone there own