More problems...where is my power?

I know the ususal culprits for performance losses and ive checked them out. I cant seem to figure this out. I have a stock 93 SE with pacesetter header and ebay intake.

I have the power sputtering on and off between about 2500 and 4000 rpm, not violently but enough you can tell, its kind of lumpy…doesnt do it all the time but usually. After the intake and header install its just being…funny i dont know. I had the similar sputtering problem 2 years ago and for some reason unplugging the O2 Sensor fixed it. Now i have a new O2 sensor and its still doing it. I unplugged it last night and it seems to have helped but i still have crappy lower rpm performance. It doesnt pull like it used to and i cant figure it out. Something is telling me its a sensor but i dont know for sure.

I DO know that the exhaust job isnt the best and its leaky like crazy, could that be contributing??

anyone know the secret here or something im missing…im getting very confused!

Its most likely the leaky exaust system, if the leak is bad enought its draining the power, It did mine untell i got it fixed.

hey well guess what, mine did today, and it sputtered, and shook, and did all kinds of crap until it lost power and an intergra pwned me, im pissed off at it i think it could be the fuel pump if your wiring/sensors are ok, check your fuel pressure

Boy it can be so many things man.

Clogged injector’s, clogged fuel filter, poor timing, needing a new timing chain, bad plugs and wires or coil. The list goes on. Now having an exhaust leak does’nt really mean power loss especially down low. It could very well be your cat is clogged. If so, that would explain it.

Best thing to do is go through everything you can and just trouble shoot.

Hopefully it’s nothing major.

Take care.

Easy 8)

my wise mechanic told me to never point at things and trying to guess what it is. he said bring the engine back to normal state before doing anything to it, so make a checklist, and check things one by one, eliminating what it could be, than you’ll eventually corner that one thing thats causing it… but yeah anyway my timings done, injectors good, exhaust isnt clogged, i think it cuold be my ignition.

FUEL PUMP! If you have no power when you pound the pedel, its your fuel pump. My car was doing the same so I replace my f/p. The difference is night and day. All the power came back. You should consider investing in an Air/Fuel Ratio gauge it helps a lot to pin point problems. Gauges are a real drivers best friend.