More trouble for Toyota

Damn, even Chrysler doesnt have this many recalls and issues.
http://money.cnn.com/2010/04/16/news/companies/toyota_sienna_recall/index.htm?section=money_latest

paul ,the only reason there made a big deal is cause yota is the biggest and one of the best .if i were to show ya the recall counts for any domestic manu you would faint trust me there are way more recalls ya dont hear about that should scare ya more than the ones toyota has

I just received a recall letter from GM for my Cobalt.

I got one for my truck a few months back and it was just some stupid vacuum hose. Nothing falling off or flooring itself while driving.

It seems like Toyota’s are some bigger issues than the other companies are having, maybe more widespread.

what about the f-250,s and f-150,s with the h-d tranny that randomly go into reverse while goin down the rd ? trust me man there is some good domestic recalls out there .the only reason the imports mainly toyota is under such scrutiny is cause the media is blastin the biggest ones out there ,the media feeds on fear and it makes the domestic cars look better

funny that toyota still outsells everyone else with these major recalls, that aren’t major at all, just a few asshats out there that prob shouldn’t be alive anyways that don’t comprehend how to drive a car. i think toyota is doing the world a good service.

Recalling and buying back just about every Tacoma on the road seems like a major recall to me.

So does the Tundra frame recall.

Yeah, the gas pedal deal got blown out of proportion a bit.

i’m talking about the recent ones with the gas pedal, the gx lexus suv that is getting a bad name because it oversteers. it’s pathetic that people aren’t suppose to know how to drive anymore.

Ford and exploding tires that killed people sound familiar PJB???

I still blame that one on Firestone, even though I drive a Ford with Firestones on it now.

Still thats just one recall, not one after another like Toyota has lately.

I haven’t paid attention to the recall, but how many people have died because of the pedal sticking??

Blame it on whoever you want, point is… Many parts on cars on manufactured in house, but they get endorsed and are put into the build.

Why would you blame it on Firestone, when Ford was the company that told the customer to inflate the tires to the improper (low) pressure?

Honestly who cares? I hope more cars have terrible faults and kill more people, awesome, less PR’s and idiots to roam the earth!

when youre on top everyone wants a piece, and will knock at you by anymeans necessary.

lets talk about toyota reliability for a moment. take my 1997 Toyota Celica for instance. 205k miles and the accessory belt just needed to be replaced. still on the OEM timing belt(non interference engine) clutch was replaced at 160k, 1 wheel bearing has been replaced in that time, original exhaust system needed a flange welded and a new flex section at 198k. all that is pretty regular maintenance or wear/tear, and the timing set wont get changed until it breaks. no reason to really. not many other car companies can say that about their cars. the car has been trouble free. and i just did a 3600 mile road trip without the slightest worry about my car making it, even over 200k miles. oh and it still gets 33-34mpg average.

I thought you had an issue on the way down with something?

not at all. car is tip top. had an issue on the way back, but that was Visa corporates problem

Oh, well Im just off tonight lol. I could have sworn someone told me you had an issue lol. I need sleep

times eleventy billion…

Bought my 95 Corolla at 150K, and the only things that heve been replaced that were not corrosion related was the alternator and a brake caliper.

Lets compare that to the 97 Pontiac GTP that I bought in 2002. By the time it hit 90K, all 4 power window motors had been replaced, and I had to replace the entire AC system…remember, at that time, the car was 5 years old. Find me a 5 year old Toyota that has broken AC, or ONE power window motor replaced…list goes on and on.

nah man, she cruised down doing 80 or so the entire way.

my AC clutch bearing said enough the thursday before i left again, wear and tear. forgot to add that. its actually a common thing to fail in the mileage range im in. 7A-FE(1.8) and 5S-FE(2.2) both had the issue with the clutch bearings locking up. nothing catastrophic or even disabiling. its AC. big deal. the car has 3 belt systems. and the AC is its own system.

Gotta pull the compressor to change the clutch?