Nissan recalls 540,000 trucks and minivans

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/02/news/economy/nissan_recalls/index.htm?hpt=T2

WTF is going on with all these auto manufacturers recalling stuff? I’m guessing Nissan took initiative because it doesn’t want to end up like Toyota (meaning, the press/government breathing down their neck).

540,000 is a lot of vehicles.

Haha, fail. I feel like these Japanese car recalls are doing nothing but helping the only other major Japanese car company(Honda)

I cant wait until Honda gets shit canned!

FUCK YOU STEVE. Don’t be mad because Honda is the only company left that doesn’t pedal junk!

The brake pin thing is only (still a lot, though) 179,000 vehicles in the US, the fuel needle thing is very minor and “little” stuff like that happens to everybody, the almighty Honda included.

Although you could say I’m biased, both the media reaction and the simple statistics will show that this is very small thing compared to Toyota’s fiasco :lol

You guys know that car companies have recalls for shit all the time right?

I don’t know why people are acting like recalls are some new earth shattering tragedy

Sell your Caddy and but a POS Honda hatch, do it, you wont!

+1,000 and everyone thinks Honda is immune from details and manufacturing mistakes lol

NEVER EVER SAID ANYTHING about Honda not making mistakes you clownshoes.

But the Nissan fags are here and defending to the death, could careless. Kbai

I never said you specifically, just the public in general. And srsbzns is no nissan fag, just stating the truth like I’m trying to do.

The only Nissans I like are the RWD older ones, and the 350/370 ect. Anything else they make I’m not interested. The Honda S2000 isnt bad.

No one else said anything about Honda not making mistakes either lol.

And Steve acts like 240’s aren’t any less pieces of shit than Civics… Both rust horribly and are shit unless maintained.

240s can be shitty, but at least they are doing something right, FR layout.

This is just the vibe I get from anyone who is not into cars at all, obviously (hopefully) anyone into the car scene will realize that every car with no exceptions has plenty of good and bad features and that maintenance will play a huge role in the condition of older cars

The 2001 honda civics were issued a recall in lieu of airbag casings coming apart upon detonation.

Meaning that you’re basically driving around with a frag grenade pointed at your face triggered by impact.

Yeah honda’s never had problems. :rofl

We know, but that many vehicles? I could understand a couple of thousand each year, but 540,000? And whatever number Toyota had? That’s a little ridiculous. Sure this problem is no where near as serious as Toyota’s but still.

I’d rather run out of gas than die, just saying:
http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/09/autos/honda_recall_airbag/index.htm?postversion=2010021012

Wow, someones a lil butt hurt. Fanboi much?

I just hate Hondas, IDK why, always have :rofl

Owned Hondas for the past 5 years… always get shit for it. ;p