Motor Pull

Hey guys,

quick question…

how much does it cost to pull an engine out of a s14 kouki.

obviously shops differ in price and the types of engines would also affect the price but a rough ballpark would help.

THNX SONLINGS

ka still? if o do it yourself man i have pulled many takes no time

Depends on how you want it done. professionally you could have it done or my buddy can do it for some money and beer… lol

lol no matter what its not that much work unbolt your tranny and motor mounts unplug it all pull it,i pulled my last one out with a chain and 2x4 i recomend the hoist unless your the hulk it sucks

well…its not a ka…lol

its an rb26 with a single turbo and an rb25 transmission.

would the price to remove it be the same to install it?

If it was the same engine/trans going back in then yes, although with re-installation comes additional tasks such as bleeding the coolant system.

It takes considerably more time to install a motor…therefore it will cost more.

approximate price??

or what’s the minimum or maximum for it?

my engine got pulled in and out a couple of times for test fitting and for a complete rebuild but i just wanted to know how much it would cost normally for something of that caliber?

i would say at least $1400. for the install and fluids.

1200-1400 based on most shops $90- $100 (or more) rate but theres always someone who will do it for less. but in the end you get what you pay for.

400-800 for removal i payed in that range to have my sr pulled

I’ll remove it for free if I get to keep it ! ha ha ha

Wasn’t it in the car already?

thought FTP is doing all the work?
hes prices always seem reasonable.

Are you just looking to drop the car off, have the motor taken out then you pick the car and motor up?

Or are you wanting to have more done?

i can pick up remove motor and deliver car and motor set back to you

if your intrested pm me

wait wait… didnt manny already pull it out again… i swear last time i was there it didnt have the motor

sorry for the miscommunication, but i already have an amazing mechanic thats doing the work for me. and yes my car is at FTP.

however, i was just wondering how much it would cost for such a job.

heres a picture of my motor for reference. and i’m wondering how much is a NORMAL fee for just pulling out the engine properly at a professional shop.

sorry if i wasn’t clear from the beginning.

I am going to go with 4-6 hours book time(?) at $60-$105 shop rate…

thats book time.

Labor Skill
Level Mfg.
Warranty Standard
Engine
Replace
Complete Assembly Without Transfer Of Parts B 0.0 9.9 Notes
Does Not Include: Transfer Of Any Part Of Engine Or Replacement Of Optional Equipment.
Complete Assembly With Transfer Of Parts B 9.9 13.7

Short Block A 12.9 17.6 Notes
Includes: R&I Engine And Replacement Of All Necessary Components.