Motor swap vs turbo? What do you think Honda guys?

it’s not in my driveway, its at new era. :snky:

After swapping and building hondas and other fwds here is my opinion. Save money for other things and turbo the d16z6.

We did a local black ek and it put down 220+ on 11psi if I remember right. This was one of the last cars zerodaze tuned on mikes dyno. With building the d16 the customer had enough money to do everything at once ie. build motor, exhaust, gauges, injectors, fuel system, money left for tuning not just running a base map, and one of the biggest overlooked last things done in a fwd build traction parts from a diff to traction bars. The stuff adds up quick so it’s easiest to start off with a low investment. If you get a bseries swap you will probably have half the cost of turboing a d16 and building it. Besides any thing over 300whp in a fwd is hard to hook no matter what you run until you get up to highway speeds. Cars don’t hold value so you might as well build it cheap and right, which will usually gets done faster than just done right. Which also means you will be driving it and enjoying it sooner.

cliffs… build the dseries and spend the rest on the rest and drive the car and enjoy.

:tup: agreed

HUGE HELP!!! srsly thank you for posting in this threadbut really it all depends on your situation, money mostly hahaif you have a bunch of cash saved, get a k20 or a b18 and swap with bolt ons. fun, reliable, pricey.or, if you’re broke, boost a d series. they’re fairly reliable, it is a honda after all, but not as reliable as a swap you keep somewhat stock.if I were you I would buy another beater honda for -1k, make it a daily and boost the d series. as they say, only mod your car if you can afford to push it off of a cliff ha