Motor Trend tests new ZR1

WORD!!!

I’m not talking locally… I don’t remeber where it was… Elliot knows though

fastest stock z06 was 10.9x. thats with stock tires, that you roll out with at the dealership, i believe the same guy did around a 10.7 on drs or slicks, dont remember, it was forever ago that i was looking at it.

No? that was on drag radials.

Base model C6…11.7-11.9 all day

Bone stock C6 Z06…

10.9 @ 129 on the stock run flats…10.8 @ 130 with drag radials…Thought you guys said with more traction, your Trap speed drops??

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826244&highlight=record+z06+c6

The guy did 10.9 on street tires, swapped them out for DR’s and ran a 10.8. Same car, same driver.

That is correct.

Are we seriously arguing that the ZR1 is a peice of shit because it runs low 11’s in the 1/4 and does 0-60 in 3.3 STOCK?

Last time I checked a car wasn’t valued strictly on its ability to be the fastest in the 1/4 mile…but maybe your right. Who needs overall performance? The ability to be one of, if not the fastest stock cars around the ring, which would imply it can in fact brake well and take corners? Who needs overall style and design? Shit obviously not some of you guys…

I mean if your modified car that can do 11’s, that you paid thousands less for to get to that 11 sec. mark can get there, the ZR1 must be a piece of shit right? Forget everything else. We are basing this car on the 1/4 mile. Because we ALL live our lives a 1/4 mile at a time. In those ten seconds or less nothing else matters. Not the house. Not the mortgage. Not the team and all their bullshit. For those 10 seconds or less, were free.

…to finish up Pants Party’s response, After all it’s still a Corvette and our modded pieces of shit are nothing. ::slight_smile:

Can’t argue with results…

I mean cmon… even with that fancy body kit, it’s still just a Corvette

Maybe if they put Vtec stickers and dyno numbers of 600whp and 220wtq, most of this site would appreciate it for its stock trim.

:crackup Not this again…

Put slicks on the car and the trap speed will drop. Ask anyone that knows what they are talking about.

have you ever held a run flat? they are heavy… unsprung weight is bad, the DR is significantly lighter than the RF… which is probably a factor in the speed increase jack-o

Haha :crackup

here comes your ignorance… nothing personal man, but you sit high on your chair. i like you and all, but you stereotype too much

:+1

DID SOMEBODY SAY VTEC STICKERS?!?! :excited

They add like, at least 50whp.

Thank you!! My god, he just doesn’t accept that with more traction your trap goes down. :idiots

Again, Thank you! :lol

What about the black vinyl on your corvette’s lights? how much whp?