Motor work

ok well im just lookin for machine work no assembly i was thinkin about goin to odies just because i konw the name but brk builds the motors for the circle track car that i help out with here and there.

any last thoughts im ganna be taking it somewhere tommaorw

sry for the double no sry triple post but what about gor-den i havent herd ne thing aobut them yet and its a stones throw away from my house, if not i guess im goin to odies

I went there to have them look at my block. I heard they do awesome work.

joe denny (gorden) does do pretty good work, at least with sbc’s. not to familiar with other stuff he puts out

I know Joe pretty good. The thing is alot of machine shops are busy around this time. They all wait until the new stock car rules to come out so that they can build the motors to their specs/standards. stock car motors are where the real moneys made so its pretty high on the priority list.

If you just talking about a bore/hone - thats not really alot of work.

I know my father started going there last week to give a hand so im not sure if they started on the stock car motors or not yet. Ill prolly stop down this week to see how busy they are.

meh, i tried working something out with gorden a couple years ago, and after it took 3weeks to get a cylinder head vacuum checked ill never do business again. Regardless of the time of season those guys move as fast as snails. Dont expect any kinda fast turnaround outta that place. Although it was fun BSing with them. there a great bunch of guys, but i just dont know if id trust them.

im tellin ya J and L performance

FTR, most machine shops are relatively slow. and they especially arent going to piss off their regulars for a walk in job…

and speedped, J & L did a good job on my crank, but they are mostly old school, and probably dont know much on these 4 bangers. are u just saying this because its the shop ur dad went to?

i know other people who have went there and had good luck as well so i put a good word in for them

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:45,topic:23351"”]

joe denny (gorden) does do pretty good work, at least with sbc’s. not to familiar with other stuff he puts out

[/quote]

gorden does good work they did the machine work on my 4.3 back in the day and they build some nice small blocks. my firends dad has one in his vette.

I’ver personally had no problems with Northeast on multiple blocks I’ve taken there.

Brian at BRK is a good guy he’s done multiple machining jobs for me. Actually my BBC is there now. I’ve mostly had him do gen1 sbc type chevy work but He did a suzuki dohc head for me a while back and it came out awesome. I’ve not had a problem, matter of fact i screwed something up once and he fixed for me without makin me look like an idiot (which i was)

A guy i know in canada builds really good motors. I can get u his number if u want.