motorcycle can mod

hey i was wondering the advantages and disadvantages of shortening a exhaust can. I cut my old akra. but didn’t really notice a hp gain or loss. just louder. Rumor has it that when u cut it u gain torque and lose h.p. or vise versa. any one know for sure?

to be honest with you the little gains with adding a slip on can barely be felt. Cutting the can will most likely do nothing but make it louder.

actually by putting on a slip on u can get 3-4 w.h.p.

lol ok w/e you say.

im glad that u wanna call me out on that…ur gonna feel like a dumbass when i show the dyno results in a few minutes

I wouldn’t bother cutting one, seems like too much work to just make it obnoxiously loud

If you really want the extra rwhp, look other places

http://www.akrapovic.com/product-catalog/motor-exhaust/?puid=104
ha ha just ONE example of the slip on i had on my gixxer 1k…4 hp increase

here is another http://www.akrapovic.com/product-catalog/motor-exhaust/?puid=345

(GO TO “PERFORMANCE”)

omg stupid argument 92434903923 version nyspeed

I just had to prove a point…if u read SPORTRIDER magazine people would see exhaust comparisons with dyno graphs often.

but i can not find dyno’s of before shortening a can and after…ill just have to call Fast By Gast…they did tuning for me in the past…

best guess is changing the length will change the harmonic of the exhaust pulses and move your peak torque…I would guess up.

I think all it will do is make it louder. I wouldn’t expect a [useful] hp or torque increase.

i wouldnt wanna make a bike any faster than it was theyre scary fast to ride to begin with

:clap:

3-4 hp is alot for something that weighs only 400 pounds…i notice the difference. just like riding when it is 80 degrees outside then riding when it is 40 degrees outside. every 10 degrees is 1% horsepower.

how about changing your sprockets instead?

-1, +2 for the street on your new bike, although on a liter bike i could see 3 hp being gainable from an exhaust, however, its not gonna sound as throaty on your new bike…

however, i think the shorter muzzy can would look nice… so do it if you want…

omg no muzzy please they are so annoying.

yea my 636 is -1 in the front thats enough awya from top speed.

And Will i am gonna cut the muzzy to be about the same as the gixxer…