Motorola Droid or wait?

Not to mention the fact that AT&T signed a 5 year exclusivity deal that started halfway through 2007, so despite the rumor mill I wouldn’t plan on a CDMA iphone before June 2012.

Harvard Business School:
http://www.csb.uncw.edu/people/howe/classes/MKT445/SUM%20I%2008/apple%20i--phone%20vs.%20cells.pdf

EDIT: Hold the phone, so to speak.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireless/phones/2008-07-31-att-iphone-stephenson-apple_N.htm?csp=34

The same reporter that Harvard quoted in the case study says that the contract originally expired in 2009. Whothefuckknows…

Just get a droid, and an ipod touch. It all works out then.

im curious to what makes the droid so much better then htc when they are both running on the same software Having a stupid keyboard is not the answer im looking for.

Or just get a droid and put your music on it…

I just picked up a droid eris. Its running the old software for now but once the update comes out all eris users get the free update to 2.1. The hardware isn’t quite as badass as the droid and it doesn’t have a physical keyboard but for 120 dollars less I’m definitely okay with it. It runs multiple apps no problem and I have no complaints so far.

Verizon will not get the Iphone. Like was mentioned, with all of the commercials taking bites out of the Iphone, and with droid being a better phone anyways, yeah…no.

Iphone users are huge on rumors anyways. Half of them think Iphone is coming to verizon on january 27th because of an announcement by apple that they are releasing something “totally new”. Switching the Iphone to verizon wouldn’t be totally new… it’d just be a new carrier. Just shows Iphone fanboi’s desperation to get off of that shitty network.

Droid screen has higher resolution, faster processor, physical keyboard, bigger screen, the camera options are better for the droid(including a flash), and I think there are a few other things.

Sorry for the double post.

Also currently the obvious, eris running android 1.5(or 1.6…?) and droid running 2.0

all hardware inside of the phone was picked BY Google specifically for this phone. Google told Motorola EXACTLY how to build it. The processor is faster than the HTC unit, there is more memory, the screen is bigger, newer software (1.6 vs. 2.0.1)etc…

I wouldnt say its the iphone owners are huge on rumors of it going to verizon. Why would we care most left verizon to get the iphone. Its the verizon humpers that keep saying the iphone is coming.

Like I said before, I cant see apple bringing the iphone to verizon after verizon publicly made fun of the iphone in their ads.

Aside from iphones, I still cant see myself buying another motorola product. Multiple fails from them. My Q was one of the shittiest phones I have ever owned.

I personally think the google phone looks awesome.

Unless im ignorant, what makes Google picking everything out for Motorola so special? They are producing their first phone as it is and is a search engine company.

I was scared to get the droid because it’s a motorola, but i’ve had no issues what-so-ever. I’m not a very experienced phone owner though, haha. I’ve had shitty LG products for my last 3 phones. The one prior to that was a Sanyo. All sucked.

there is a lot of suck in this thread.

also: VZW has no soul. They will bash a product one day and turn around the next selling it toting it as the best product out there. the fact that they are bashing it in advertisements means absolutely dick.

+1 , business is business

besides all of the other hardware stuff there are little things that bugged me about the eris such as the vibrate being almost unnoticeable and the external speaker was small, tinny and very muffled when the phone was on its back. Also, the youtube app stopped working after the first update and has not been addressed. I’m not a big youtuber but the principal of it bugged me. compare the talk time specs. 214 minutes for Eris and 385 for droid. Droid is confirmed to be getting a full version of flash too. I had an eris for over a month. Droid is about function Eris is more fashion.

might want to move this to the android thread.

The ads were mostly targeting the data network but the droid commercals we just point out the missing features on the iphone. And business is business, if the iphone comes to verizon Im sure you will have most of the west coast switching all at once judging by their disapproval of their network out there. I for one will probably either stick with BB or go android wethere it is the droid or nexus 1.

I have had my Droid for at least 8 hours and it is way better than my 4 year old phone. LOL. THIS IS MY FIRST PORTABLE POST 111

Please don’t let there be a forward email direct to a message board app…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Do you really think I could figure that out?

lol good point. We’re safe. :roflpicard:

Got the Droid for me and the Eris for the woman last night. She doesn’t know the difference between 1.5/2.0.1 but she needed a new phone. With the mail in rebates for both phones we’re definitely happy with what we’ve got. There’s some fun apps so far, and I’m loving them. Keeping an eye out for the better ones too.

Yeah, the apps blow my mind. You can point your phone to the sky/stars and it will tell you what you pointing too?!?!? You can barcode items and search for them on the web?!? Oh and the govt can track your every move.:tinfoilhat:

I read a review a while back saying there’s an app tied to your phone profiles and it’ll auto mute/vibrate your phone profile when the gps on the phone shows you’re in a place that needs the phone silenced. Fact or fiction and what’s it called if it does exist? Sounds cool to me.