Motorsports Vid Sub forum

Well it was a good idea for the street racers. I don’t see why it won’t be a good idea for the real racers too :slight_smile:

Actual drag strip footage, auto-x, road course, etc. Plus it will make it easier for people to link proof on their actual times to fill in their user profiles. :tspry:

Holla

:tup:

Although that means some of the “real racers” are going to have to start recording their events, and actually post them… not just x-post vids from other forums :slight_smile:

That would be a good thing :slight_smile:

would there really be enough people posting vids to create a sub forum? i think more threads have pictures than vids for motorsports

I think so. Many of the auto-x people have lots of in-car videos. Some of the road racing people have video too.

And if you don’t have video, no time like the present to start thinking about a video setup for your ride. Having video to analyse your runs/laps is invaluable, and you can use that video to better describe things you are trying to do (driving) with the car (or bike :slight_smile: ).

i was just about to say "maybe some of the guys who take it the track will make camera mounts for their cars …but u beat me to it

I got video, about 5 hours worth behind the wheel of a '84 GTi. The problem is I can’t figure out how to edit the video. I mean I know how to cut clips, add muzak, yada yada. The problem is the video quality itself. I can’t get that popular greenish/black and white effect to work. Unfortunately, I think all the stuff I have is a lost cause.

:tup:

Drama like that is unnecessary man.

:gotme:

What made you think I was starting drama? I was just messing with Rick 'cause I know what he thinks of street racing. :slight_smile: But that won’t change the fact that it occurs more often than legal racing. So given that and the fact that not many people post homemade vids of legal races here to begin with, more street racing vids will be posted then legal ones. So those who frequent those legal events will need to step it up :tup:

I for one haven’t been to an auto-x since I sold my black Z. And I’ve only been to the 1/4 mile track once since I bought the TT. Does that mean I’ve turned into a mad L337 street racer who looks down on legal events and those who participate in them? Nope. Since I sold my NA Z, I don’t have a platform that suits auto-x. Nor does it suit any form of track day with my stock, 11+ year old suspension + all season tires. Doing a few pulls on the highway is much less wear-n-tear on a car than any legal form of motorsport. Once I’ve built my car the way I want it to be, in the same process that I built the NA Z, then I’ll get back into motorsports. And then you’ll see me every Sunday at auto-x, and often at the 1/4 mile track just like I used to do 2 years ago when I had the NA Z taking pictures and vids. Until then, I’ll continue to do a few pulls here-n-there on the highway with my car… and since my camera is always with me, those are the races I will get on film and those are the races that I will post. :tup:

Now this is trying to start drama:

I’m actually complemented by the fact you take time to watch and critique my vids, especially given your “holier than thou” attitude towards anyone who doesn’t use an automobile the way you do.

Again, find…

From HERE

lol onyx is right, atleast he’s posting vid’s up and sharing them…not his fault 90% of them happen at nite. :stuck_out_tongue:

The night time is the right time :tup:

But seriously…aside from cross linking auto-x vids and hot track laps, there isnt much debate as to what type of video gets posted more often. Even on a European video board…there are still ferraris street racing…and then a hot lap at nurburing…which is awesome IMO. Variety is the spice of life.

and in closing WHERE ARE THE VIDS FROM LAST NITE?!?!?!?! I wanna see some of the L337 nite time guys :tup: