mountain bike people come in!

anyone have any input on one of these.

http://www.diamondback.com/items.asp?deptid=13&itemid=181

Diamondback= junk Don,been that way since they first came out an started making BMX bikes

I’d rock the shit out of it.

I’m not so sure if there junk… diamondback def wouldn’t be my first choice

S&M bikes ftw!

dont think they make mountain bikes tho…

Did you fix the book shelf?

measure and marked, just need to cut and screw

It all depends on what you wanna do with it, if you plan on getting crazy or just minor shit. I have a Diamondback BMX bike that I like, but I haven’t heard too many good things about the mountain bikes as far as quality in the components go, so on. I have a pretty low end Trek, but it’s still pretty nice and they have many different bikes for budget/performance. Regardless it’s one of those “you get what you pay for” things. I’d def, recommend a Trek though, if anything, or even like a Gary Fisher.

i’m looking for something cheap for a reason. i will not be jumping it, but i will ride a few dirt trails. no hill climbs, moslty road riding. i want full susp just for the cool factor. the one i found had the rear derrailer upgraded to the shimano xt. i can probably own it for under 150

Trying to be “cool” is what lands your ass in trouble everytime…

Just like it woud be cool to put that stinky motorcycle motor in my TB and go to JJ’s…

lol-z

:rofl:

if your not running it hard diamond backs are fine. i had my trek witha just front suspension and i loved it did the 100mile ride on the yough bike trail with it

my old ass can’t handle the bumps. i need a bike with suspension!

Your old ass can handle bumping me around all night… what’s the difference?

:owned:

the bed has suspension

the bed has suspension

Here’s the thing, though Diamondback’s are known to be mid level bikes, you still get what you pay for… and what you pay for in the mountain bike industry is weight.

That Coil EX weighs about 38lbs. That is heavy, you’ll be struggling to pedal that thing up any hill. Its typical for a full suspension to be heavy, unless it has a good frame and components. My Gary Fisher weights around 27lbs, but is also 2300$.

Also, coil actuated shocks are old technology. If you want a nice comfortable ride, get air actuated shocks. The only thing coils are good for now-a-days are for downhill rigs.

DB’s arer prone to weld breaks;)