Movie: Gran Torino

I had a chance to see this movie last night and I highly recommend it.

Walt Kowalski is a widower who holds onto his prejudices despite the changes in his Michigan neighborhood and the world around him. Kowalski is a grumpy, tough-minded, unhappy an old man, who can’t get along with either his kids or his neighbors, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1972 Gran Torino he keeps in mint condition. When his neighbor Thao, a young Hmong tee***** under pressure from his gang member cousin, tries to steal his Gran Torino, Kowalski sets out to reform the youth. Drawn against his will into the life of Thao’s family, Kowalski is soon taking steps to protect them from the gangs that infest their neighborhood. (IMDB)

This movie is classic Eastwood. His character is very grumpy, tough and racial, it is Dirty Harry after retirement. If you have the opportunity to see the movie it won’t dissapoint and it’s one of those movies that sticks with you long after you see it.

Actually I was pretty disappointed.

Just wasn’t what I was expecting, acting was horrible from everyone except Eastwood, and…idk…just didn’t sit well with me.

t’was an awesome movie

it was an awesome movie, but the acting from everyone else did blow.

acting was iffy at times but i laughed my ass off, the movie was great

It was a great movie. Eastwood nailed the role. The others weren’t bad just not as experienced as Eastwood

Exactly. How can you upstage Eastwood? Practically anyone who played that young role is going to be overshadowed by the man himself.

Yea all your concentration is on them to match Eastwood’s performance which just won’t happen

I watched it last night, Eastwood played the role very well…but like Benny said, the others kind of sucked. It was a great movie, but just not what I had expected…I wanted more action.

still really wwanna see this… anyone have a bootleg copy?

if u can’t find a bootleg of it just stop going on the internet.

No, I’m not comparing the others’ acting to Eastwood’s.

I’m comparing it to anyone in hollywood, ever.

Their acting SUCKED. HARD.

I loved the movie. I DO WANT to be that grumpy old racist badd ass dude lmao.

Nah…i actually love the zipperheads!!

For real, he was so fuckin badass…like when he went up to those 3 n i g s and was like “you ever think of that person you wish you never fucked with?, that’s me” :rofl

“What are you spooks doin??” :rofl

awesome movie, reminded me of my grandfather.

Yeah cracked up at that too:rofl…then to the white kid “get out of here you pussy” lmao

:rofl:rofl:rofl Yeah that was great…kids like thanks…“:gtfo pussy!”

Ill have to rent it when it comes out.

If I remember right most of the people in the movie arent really actors. Im pretty sure I read that in the paper.

Me, DJ, Lacey and Dan laughed our asses off! Great movie!