Moving a shed?!?

Anyone ever moved a shed on their yard?

I’ve got a roughly 10’ x 10’ shed on my property, but I want to move it/turn it around so the door is facing the opposite direction that it is.

Any suggestions how I could/should go about this?

I have a small tractor with a bucket I maybe able to use to lift some of it, but the bucket only has a 500# rating.

I have done it once with 6 big guys, plywood, rollers, and a small 20hp tractor. It was a good size shed, and it was not easy at all.

is it on any kind of foundation? Cement block or anything? or is it just on the dirt?

Try a bunch of guys…

If you just want to turn it though, it may be easier to dissasemble the walls and move the door from one side to another

first thing you want to do is check to see if there is a floor. what is the floor made out of; can the shed be supported if you lift this floor off the ground or foundation its on.

or lift up one end and pivot it, then pivot the other end by using the bucket to scoop under it.
is it on the grass or concrete/stone?

Here

It’s one of the pre-fab sheds you see at HD/Lowes. It’s a fully framed floor. I know it’s sitting on a pair of 4x4s. What’s under the 4X4s I have no clue.

The tractor I’ve got is a Kubota 2650; 23Hp Diesel with a front bucket.

Hmm… So it sounds like this is going to be an adventure when I do it.

When I move mine, (built on cement blocks) the plan is just to use forks to pick it up and move it :stuck_out_tongue:
sounds simple, i don’t know if it will work or not… but I’ll find out some day :stuck_out_tongue:

option 1: caulk it so its waterproof and build a small earth wall around it and fil with water and float the thing

option two: 4 guys with straps whould be able to easily move the thing. Typically those prefabbed units arent attached to the ground in any way.

lol what were those super arm straps called?
that supposedly 2 girls can use to pick up dryers and washing machines and stuff?

went under the unit and on their forearms or something.
use those!

I moved a 4’x4’ shed before with a few people. I’d imagine we would move that with 6 people pretty easily.

That ths ForeArm ForkLift. It showed them moving a Piano…I think it was cardboard.

Board up the door and cut a new one in the back?

LOL at the fridge being loaded into the back of the pickup… that looks so fucking fake.

ive used them to move a washer and dryer up and down a 15 step flight of stairs.
defiantly helped and made things a lot easier.

I don’t doubt that it isn’t helpful… I used to be a piano mover and we did a very similar thing, however, did you watch the video on the site? the way the fridge moves just doesn’t look right.

no i didnt watch the video.

off topic: why can i see you doing something random like that for a job? lol

It was an awesome job… 25/hour off the books, 90% of it was driving.

holy shit. i would consider that a good job too.