Moving: Need Advice

hey guys, i start my new job tomorrow as a field process engineer. currently i am living in the monroeville/murrysville area and the job is in zelienople. the job requires alot of travel. right now i have about an hour drive to work and about an hour and a half to the airport. i’m looking for an apartment maybe in the cranberry, mars, allison park, mccandless, wexford area.

i want to find somewhere right in the middle of everything. any advice?? can anyone tell me where the happening places to live are??

thanks.

sewickley, moon, west view, avalon, warrendale, neville island, emsworth, wexford, jackson twp.

Looking for a Moving Company? I work part time for one that my uncle owns, would be glad to get you a quote if you need it.

It takes you an hour and a half to get to the airport…that doesn’t sound right coming from monroeville

depending on time of day
it takes me over 2 hours to get to PRP during rush hour
but little over an hour to get home late at night

cranberry wexford area would not be too bad. there is a lot of townhouses/apartments hidden thoughout the area

it takes 75 minutes in rush hour going to downtown from prp.

outbound ftl.

i’m not exactly from monroeville but i figured you guys would know where that is. i live in the vandergrift/apollo area, like 20 mins from monroeville.

i’m seriously considering cranberry. i drove through cranberry on rt 19 on the way to the interview and it looks really nice.

i’ll let you know, thanks

Not to hijack the thread, but we may need a mover if we ever get the financing approved for this house. In for a quote :x:

i live and work where you are talking about… pretty nice area, just a little pricey… be ready to drop 1k a month on a two bedroom apt or townhouse… wexford is a nice area, just a little too much traffic sometimes… the christopher wren apartments are pretty nice and are right where you are targeting… good luck!

I grew up in Zelie and people rent out parts of their homes and you can find small apartments in the area. I would look in the Butler Eagle and craigslist to see if you can find anything. I think Cranberry also has a couple newspapers you can look into

go to www.post-gazette.com classifieds.

West View is about 20 mins to Zeli and about the same to the airport depending on the time of day.

Realtor.com has a rental section as well…

pms sent, glad to help if I can, I manage townhomes and houses throughout the north hills and cranberry (well mainly just Pgh and North…)

excellent, i might be needing your assistance sometime in the near future.

let me know Fresh… It’s more fun to work with like minded people… that’s why I’m glad to share my “services” and help anyone on the board here…

I just spoke with a friend of mine who just rented a place in Zelie for $450/month. Sometimes I really do want to move back there!

ya i was just on neville island today at the west view water plant. only took about 25-30 mins down rt 79

i would LOVE to pay under a grand, haha

christopher wren is nice in wexford, there are some townhouses that are brand new right off of 910 in wexford. up in cranberry there is freedom crossing, which is a nice patio house that you can get with a garage. they also have a place called like berkely manor or some shit, then seven fields up the other side of 228

I scored a place JUST under a grand with utilities included. Of course now I’ll be leaving there when my lease ends, but it was nice while it lasted…