Moving Truck Rental Suggestions

Anyone know of any good deals or have good experience with any truck rental companies? I’m moving in 3 weeks and am looking to rent a truck one way from Buffalo to Syracuse. Just looking for about a 12-15ft truck for the best deal one-way. Right now I’m looking at U-Haul, Budget, and Ryder. Thanks!

got a decent deal at Penske on Walden/Transit a month ago, dont know em, but they had the best deals of any local places around, call ahead of time to assure you get the size rig you want.

Really? How much if you don’t mind me asking. Because I just got a one-way quote for $600 which is insane. Right now Budget has the best deal going for $150.

We rented Budget, right from the Amherst Marriot hotel.

I got a coupon code on the internet.

It turned out to be like 89 bucks for the day and that was including 20 bucks in gas.

That was just moving from Lockport to West Seneca…

cost me around 1k to move from buffalo to west palm… gas/insurance/taxes/rental/etc etc.
i did uhaul fyi.

the truck we got was a 22fter i think(it was big) only needed it to go from elma to tonawanda and back. i think it was $69, plus like $.18 per mile or some shit like that, and had to bring it back with a full tank.

you get hosed any way. I couldn’t believe how expensive moving trucks were when we moved.

my dad works for penski …what do you need and when do you need it?

If you don’t mind returning it to the same place, look at Ryder. (I know you said one way, but might be cheaper) They have their 24 foot trucks for $80/day with 500 free miles, just have to return them to the same place you rented it. When I was looking at them, it was cheaper to do that than to get a one way. Their smaller trucks were around $40 I believe.

PM’d

The problem with Ryder is then I’d need to have the truck for 2 days and they have some ridiculous $50 a day insurance charge. I called on the phone because they had the best rate until they added in the insurance charge. Those little fees can be so misleading.

for long trips I would go with Penske, RIT Baja has had one truck break down in 6 year and our trips are usually across the country. On a short move like yours I would find the cheapest.

Waiting to hear back from Penske as I write this, otherwise I’m going with Budget.

Going with Budget, nobody else could beat them.

+1 on Budget. I used them to move from Roc to MD and it was the cheapest. They had good new trucks and weren’t too bad on gas.

abf u-pack

drive yourself

fuck moving trucks with trailors

Book it online and AAA has a good discount for Penske.