MP3 Editor

What’s a good MP3 editor to chop off the end of a song?

Files have to be under 300k to set them as a ringtone/alarm tone on my phone. I’m using dbpoweramp to cut the bitrate down, but that’s not enough. How do I chop a file up?

audacity.
free and easy to use. just make sure you download the MP3 codec so you can save the file as an mp3.

audacity.

but i want to take this moment to point and laugh at you because you dont need to do that on BB.

Yeah, this is pretty gay.

Audacity works. :tup:

You shouldn’t need to change any sizes or bitrates to use an MP3 as a ring tone on your E71… does it give you an error or something? My brother uses MP3s on his E71 and I just tried this on my E90 - full songs as MP3s… unless this is one of those silly branded (neutered) phone things that AT&T did to your E71x.

:mad:

For the $50 dollar price point I won’t complain too much, but some of the fucking stupid shit they did to this phone…

And may I add, a 300k audio file is like .073 seconds long and/or sounds like shit.

90% of this phone is flawless and amazing quality. The other 10% makes me want to punch a kitten.

I use GoldWave, it’s free and works well. I have been using it for about 8yrs now.

That’s nothing compared to the shit Verizon did to phones a few years ago. They removed the bluetooth transfer option for files and pictures between computers and the phone, and forced people to pay for their silly Verizon web service. This meant that you needed PAY to upload your pics and files to their service / servers, then download them to get anything on your computer, lol. There was a class action lawsuit against them for this.

its a ringtone.

A: you are too old for ringtones.

B: if you must have your selection of hanson brothers on there to let you know when your phone is ringing, bump it down to mono 96kb/sec. you wont notice the diff.

LOL I don’t use ringtones. I never have my phone off vibrate.

I use my phone as my alarm clock, and would like to set the alarm tone to something a bit more pleasant than the built-in tones.

oh yea, you already stated that. duhh.

looks like i need more coffee.

I’ll drink to that.

Fuck the ringtone…

Get a dog (if you don’t already have one). Cage it every night. Set a time release lock on the cage. Slather peanut butter on your dick before you go to bed. So when the time release opens the lock (when every you want to wake up obviously) you get woken up the right way.

Seems far easier than making a new ringtone.

You can remove the 300k limit with a registry hack, its pretty easy IIRC. I did it for the stupid ringtone size limit

Quick internet search looks like a no dice for the e71x. Fucking AT&T :roflpicard: