MrRage Sepc V 09 Build **NEW VIDZ** Page 20

Nicely done Ryan!

I can’t wait to hear it start up :slight_smile:

I’m board… More pics. Sick of just watching it sit there.

While I wait to get my car into the shop for the DP I’m just rechecking everything as I go…

I also switched to an Altima Engine cover so I could build a heat shield for the alternator into it.

Another pic for fun

so you’re not working today :smiley:

No I work lol

Well you mentioned you were board (which in fact is spelled B-O-R-E-D) and the pics were at home and you mentioned you were waiting to get your car into the shop so I naturally assumed you were sitting at home stuffing your face and watching Oprah LOL

Well Ryan had his dad’s Maxima for about a week until his brother got home last night…now it is back to ma not having a car…again. :frowning:

HAH Ryan loves Oprah!

yeeeeeeeee can’t wait to see this thing !!! :D:D:D

is that a 4 bolt or 5 bolt exhaust housing on your turbo? (where the downpipe connects)

5 bolt

Hmm, could you bolt on a turbo elbow off an s13 or an after market s13 one, like the greddy one for sale on here, and then then get a down pipe easily fabbed up from a exhaust shop…
if that makes any sense?

looks like this

http://www.toysauto.co.uk/images/e4_12_sb.JPG

Looks sweet Ryan. Is Derrick helping out with the tuning?

That won’t work. I would be facing the engine block lol

No Derrick never returned any of my calls and his phone is off all the time.

Urgh, I must be retarded or something, because I cant see how it wouldnt work.
can you post a picture of your engine bays exhaust area?

EDIT, never mind, I understand what you mean now.
chop the turbo elbow in half and adjust the angle accordingly?

Thats lame when I talked to him about it he sounded pretty interested:confused1: I don’t know him very well or I would give him a call and ask WTF.

Ahh well what ya gonna do right? Travis is back today and I’ll ask him for some help.

On a bad new note I got the DP in today and I started it up on the first try. The car revved to 3000 RPM right of the bat and started jumping between 3000 and 2200rpm. I then heard the guys at the muffler shop start yelling at me to turn it off. As I ran to see what happened there was a massive puddle of fuel all over the floor and welding gun lol. This really sucks. The AFR was all over the place. From 10.0-15. Just before I turned it off it hit 21. This project is making me angry. Nothing has gone my way.

Sure it hasn’t gone your way but you are learning some valuable lessons right? :smiley:

Why was the throttle 3g off the bat?
Is your car drive by wire? or Cable?

These cars are drive by wire unfortunately.

Your fuel leak is gonna mess with your AFR’s cause your fuel pressure will be unstable. How much psi are you running through the fuel system? I’m willing to bet if you fix the leak, your idle should come down and your AFR should be at least somewhat normal.

Thats how I feel every time I work on a car nothing ever fits right or works like it should…one day we will learn to just leave sh1t alone :bored: on the other hand once you get everything working there is no better feeling.