MrRage Sepc V 09 Build **NEW VIDZ** Page 20

I’m almost ready to go back to stock. I ran into some idle problems that I might have to go to the dealer for which I don’t want to go to.

Anyone have any ideas? Steve and I stared at it for about an hour before I gave up and called it a day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/Turbo/th_MVI_6202.jpg

Sounds like the turbo just really wants to boogie. Slam the hood down and let er rip!

I wish that was the case.

swap the drive by wire for a cable :stuck_out_tongue:

Whats happening Ryan??? … god I wanna see this thing boosted!

I’m so disappointed right now I can’t figure out what is wrong with this piece of shit. I’m almost considering selling this kit and going back to stock. I for the life of me cannot figure out wtf is wrong with this piece of garbage. I’ve spent about $1500 more than I wanted to on this project just trying to get 1 thing fixed. And after going to 2 Dealerships today and neither had a fucking clue I’m almost ready to give up.

What exactly is it doing? … post up some observations and maybe your component list. Did you have to do any harness spicing (wrong wiring) and is it possible there is anything defective in your kit? Ohm out all your sensors (MAF and O2) and reference factory specs (I can help with that … Im an electronic technician :stuck_out_tongue: but not a tuner) … possibly something burned out on the 1st ignition key turn if there was a bad wiring job … any of your custom kit components has voltage and impedance conflicts with your new engine management (compatability issues). Is your turbo spooling at all? … not picked up a small piece of assembly debris and is locked up. Im just throwing stuff out there … but I know we could figure this out with the right heads in this

are you posting this in the myspecv forum? not sure how to help you other then that as i have not turboed a car yet… goodluck!

Here is a post of everthing I have done. Trust me guys I wire all day at work and I have checked and re checked everything.

http://myspecv.com/f/t182747-wtf-throttle-problem-help-me.html

Prior to pulling the kit and going back to stock…take the car to Lightspeed. I know Cam has solved many cars with issues that people can’t seem to over come other shops even send cars they can’t figure out to him. It may not be cheap though.

Also is your MAF pointing the right way it should have a little arrow on the housing. Check it out I have seen problems like your describing from a backwards MAF.

Hope you get everything sorted out.

James and I looked over everything tonight. We cannot find a single problem with it. And no my MAF is facing the right way. It only goes in 1 way.

P.S. Gord,

I’m completely broke. I wouldn’t be able to afford Cam

This thing is really weird, totally clean install but this nagging idle issue. My thoughts are with the Safc and the throttle pos sensor. We tried the relearn process, both of us, and the problem continues. For some reason it won’t take the relearn, and continues to hunt for idle while running. All his vac lines are a ok, and there does not appear to be any leak issues at all, boost or otherwise. All injectors are firing, and all coils are good. The turbo spools and builds boost, although we didn’t put the car into boost yet. The car also runs fine on the highway, under 3000rpm, but will hunt for idle when the clutch is pushed in and the car is coasting.

Drive by wire module toast?

It only goes in the plastic housing one way but is that housing facing the proper way. i know its not likely but I knew a guy with a TT G35 that almost went back to stock because he couldn’t get his car to run right he pretty much revoved the kit and reinsalled it spent thousands on new sensors and labor…that what is was the plastic MAF tube was in backwards.

Mine is facing the right way

I’m not a turbo guy but maybe it is just tuning, The turbo still is spooling boost at idle (very minor) BUT its still pushing more air then stock airbox. Is the idle hunting a consistant lobing from high to low idle. Or is it all over the Map. If it is lobing it’s just a tuning problem. High lob too much fuel then the EMS cutts back the fuel, idle drops to far then the TPS picks back up adding fuel. And so forth the lobing of fuel on and off. Happens when supercharging engines quite frequintly. Just my two cents.

Ok I feel better now:cool:

lol… I don’t :crying:

Would placement of the maf be an issue?? I’ve always see it after the airfilter, before the turbo