Mufflers

I cant remember, Do i need mufflers to pass inspection?
Thought about just running straight pipes to tail pipes. sound like ass but ohwell only temperary if its legal.

Have the dumps, but not cutting them up.

Have all the emission crap back on including the catted hpipe.

from what i heard you dont need mufflers to pass emissions, all mufflers do is quiet a car down, i beleive you can pass the sniffer or OBD tests without a muffler, but not a visual of the emissions, thus you fail the visual

you do however need mufflers for Inspection

I guess its time to buy some $20 mufflers

cherry bombs FTW, $14

or make a friend with someone who owns or works at an inspection station :):slight_smile: you cant beat the lick n’ stick inspection and emission exemption i get yearly from my dad’s buddy.

Jimmy

Nope, It’s time to be legit and have a safe car to enjoy. Even if it looks like shit.

technically need what was on there from that factory

my car would pass every point of inspection except from a visual emmision standpoint and possibly the sniffer test.

ohwell

not saying factory pipes and etc but as for if it had mufflers,cats and etc. but who honeslty has all tha tcrap

Can’t make a decent buck off of ford used parts, easier just keeping them. hence I did, except the muffs

SRT-4’s dont have mufflers… so i guess that works.

dont thye have a resonator

they have a big series of S bends that quiet it down. but it came from the factory like that.

like quik said, it suppose to have as factory equipted for emission/testin inspection around allegheny/westmoreland/and another 1-2 counties that fall under the pittsburgh clean air act

if it factory like for the car,than it will pass,

i have my emissions and inspection licenses so i don’t need SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT :smiley:

for what state? :smiley:

pa. northern counties though so i can’t help most of you guys out.