Mustang Tuners In Albany Area?

some one told me there’s a new place cohoes or v’liet. i’ll see what i can find out

Howard does a shit ass job tuning unless its his own car. My brothers car was tuned there and it runs like a bag of shit half the time. Unless your fully on it the car seems to run like crap

A lot of tuners don’t understand what they should, and shouldn’t change. I see a lot of them editing the MAF calibration tables, even when the MAF is stock. Some do it for injector changes… which makes no sense when there are detailed IFR tables that take care of JUST the injectors. Some do it to “dial in the MAF”… the MAF is calibrated from the factory to measure airflow correctly, and thats it. There are volumetric efficiency tables you can change (in GM’s, at the very least) to further your tune. These are what the base fueling is calculated off of, even when using the MAF.

Tuning isn’t easy, it takes much more than a 1 hour dyno session to make a fully “street mannered” tune if you have a cam, different injectors, etc… if you just have bolt-ons, generally all you are changing is the power enrichment and possibly the spark tables. This shouldn’t take long, and should not be difficult.

I tune a little here and there (for myself, and a few others). It took me 2 years to get my car where I REALLY wanted it as far as AFR and street manners go, but I am a perfectionist.

Jon

A domestic tuner shop??

I’m shopping around to get my car tuned also, but am not too sure about redline.

jdaniels I pm’d you a couple days ago about it.

i believe so…

Please do not go to redline, the only thing i would do there is get a pull, and even then my car almost jumped off his dyno… Many a car has gone south after going there. Bad94 had a terrible experience there as have many others. I do like the one tech he has there, hes a great guy and knows his shit, its the others that like to mess shit up. My buddy took his stang there, it sat for months because it wasnt a “vette”. Nice to have a 80K+ car that smokes like a dodge minivan with bad valve seals :lol If your looking for a mustang tune look at DEZ Racing, JPC(Justin Burcham), Mustang Magic, or any other reputable mustang tuner.

next closest place is jersey… and their cmr diablo software, but if you dont plan on going with a turbo or a supercharger anytime soon id just buy a hand held unit. thats just me… i mean what do you have done to your car? and i have a sct live wire and a diablo predator both for sale… live wire is new only had it a couple months. so ill let it go for 500 and the predator ill take 200 for.

MOTHERFUCKING HANDS DOWN best shop/tuner in the area is Ted Jannetty@Jannetty Performance in Waterbury, CT. He’s the ONLY person/shop that I’d EVER leave ANY of my cars with.

Definitely a great shop. By the way, they are having a track rental @ LVD on the 19th for all that might be interested.