My $1200 turbo project *I think its 56k friendly*

A couple of shots of my civic. I know the pics
are gay, but its all i had for now.:rant:

anyways…
I just got done installing a homemade turbo in my fodo’.
Its a b18b engine (stock) with a 57 trim
t3t4 turbonetics turbo.
Most of the turbo parts were bought [size=2]here, ubrf, [/size]
and @ INNOVATIVE tunning. lol

It took me 4 days to get this thing rolling.
I spent about $1100-1200 for this project including
a couple used gauges (boost and oil press).
Not too shaby compared to almost 3 grand i spent 2 years
ago for the drag3 kit. This is pretty much the same shit
for half the price.

I’ll be changing the location of the BOV this weekend.
I want it closer to the turbo, and maybe even get a better one. (Tial)

ONly thing needed now, is to get this POS tuned.

I wanna thank (MIke and crew) from Innovative for putting
up with my bullshit. I think i called the shop like 10x in
one day asking questions. lol
ALso (Zerodaze) for helping me trying to figure out what
was needed to start tuning, and (Turbociv) for offering to
teach me how to tune.

Thanks guys.
Here she is. My sleeper 4 door. WHat do you think? Do i look gay
in the last pic? lol

edit: more engine pics coming soon

nice

Nice, I thought you sold that car? Is that the bike you wanna trade???
EDIT: yeah, you look ghey…

JJ.

Nahhh…I’ve had this civic for almost 7 years now. SHe aint going nowhere. I was just TW. when i post it up for sale. lol
ohhh and ahh yeahhh.
thats one of the bikes. lol

:2fingers:

Thats pretty cool man, and yes you look pretty gay. haha jk. but damn 1200 bucks to get turboed you cant beat that :tup:

looks great, keep us posted on the progress

Cool project, I’ve seen it around somewhere. Im working on a homemade turbo myself but im already pushing 3 grand and dont have any actual work done yet, just parts, not a honda though. What kind of numbers do you expect to be putting down?

:tup:

you have inspired me to do another write up. a what you need and a basic how to tune your honda. maybe i can even get together with jon and have him toss some ish in there for the OBD0 crowd.

^ slomies and i could REALLY use that, and the obd0 stuff will come in handy for me too so DO IT UP zerodaze!! and sweet setup. thats a REALLY clean looking sleeper 4dr i love it. thats also my favorite color for cars, every car i have owned is that color lol

Wow, not too many turbo 4 doors, looks clean, I would think NOTHING of it if I rolled next to you.

good luck looks like a fun 4 door

You should paint your intercooler black so that you really are a stealth 4dr:tup: Nice job, I always have more respect for those who make their own turbo kit. GL

congrats, swing by innovative one of these days i wouldn’t mind checking it out :tup:

what up jojo, did u get the busa??
glad to see the car finished. how much more did u have to do?? it was almost together when i cam to pick up some hinges for my 91 hatch

you have inspired me to do another write up. a what you need and a basic how to tune your honda. maybe i can even get together with jon and have him toss some ish in there for the OBD0 crowd.

^^^sweet. I pm’d you like everyday. didnt I? lol

You should paint your intercooler black so that you really are a stealth 4dr:tup: Nice job, I always have more respect for those who make their own turbo kit. GL

The intercooler is definetly going black this weekend.

What kind of numbers do you expect to be putting down?

To tell you the truth. Im not expecting much from this.
I wanted to turbo it this year just for fun. But i will try to ssweeze the most power out of it foSHO.
NOw next year my goal is 350-400 at the wheels. THe block, head and turbo setup will be different though.

Thanks Guys

congrats, swing by innovative one of these days i wouldn’t mind checking it out :tup:

^^^fo sho. lol
I need brakes and suspension. So I’ll be swinging by the shop soon.

what up jojo, did u get the busa??
glad to see the car finished. how much more did u have to do?? it was almost together when i cam to pick up some hinges for my 91 hatch

^^ when you came that day, all i had was the manifold and turbo sitting there, No pipes or anything done. I took all that shit off, cause i needed the car back on the road.

This is a newer bigger better turbo.lol I bought it from that kid on ubrf.
It took me 4 days from start to finish.

edit: as for the busa. well, im still thinking about it. I kinda want a house. :slight_smile:

very nice def a sleeper. love that color my car is the same color

i love the 4doors looks great man

Thanks.
OT: My buddies told me your car broke the other day at the track. What happened? He told me that, like 4 cars broke that day including his suzuki swift.

Intercooler painted black. FTMFW :mamoru: