My 12yr old brother has severe pneumonia...

He was taken to Childrens Hospital Monday night for a severe asthma attack, we just found out today that it developed into pneumonia, and an hour ago he was put on a respirator because he can not breathe on his own. These past two days have been hell.

sorry man, hope he come out on top

good luck, it takes atleast a week fo strong iv meds to rid that shit. I know someone who almost died from it.

sorry to hear man, my dads been on a respirator since June so I know where your coming from

good luck to you and your family

fyi asthma dosent turn into pnuemonia, perhaps he developed ARDS??

If he went in for an asthma attack its already kinda scary there, I know ive got that to. But hope he gets better because pneumonia aint no joke. Best wishes man

last week i was taken to the hospital at 5 a.m. because i woke up having a severe asthma attack. i havent had one in over 5 years and it just came out of nowhere.

it sucks man, i know exactly what hes going though right now. iv been sick these past couple of days and i hope im not developing the same thing.

i think what triggered my attack was when my dad kicked on the furnace and it started blowing shit from the basement upstairs. iv been using my inhaler on a regular basis since then and it was def a scary moment for me. i couldnt breathe at all and no matter what i did, nothing worked.

i hope everything works out for him though, ill be praying for him.

I am just getting over pneumonia actually, that sucks for your brother. Hopefully things turn out ok.

hope everything turns out okay for him :slight_smile:

best of luck to you both, shit has got to be scary.

ive been starting to feel some tightness in my chest as well, it usually breaks up within a day or so. comes on after a head cold and moves to my chest. happens at least 1x a year.

hope im not getting what your brother has… again best of luck, stay strong

Ugh Im sorry to hear chis, I hope he pulls through, If you need ANYTHING, just LMK, GL

Fuck dude that blows

Hope he pulls through.

My g/f is recovering from pneumonia right now actually. It was never bad enough to put her in the hospital, but has been a shitty couple of weeks. I’m sure he’ll be fine…

Unless he’s Bernie Mac…

Too soon?

^ lmao ass.

He’s still on the ventilator as of this morning, from what the nurse told me, he could be for the next 2 weeks.

They are starting him on a Isoflourine treatment, which will basically relax his smooth muscle airways and hopefully in turn let him breathe on his own again. It’s all a waiting game as to when his body let’s the treatments start to work.

sorry to hear chris :frowning:

I hope everything is fine…it will be, just give it some time. If you need anything lmk dude.

best of luck to you and your family!

best of luck, I went through the same thing 3 times from age 4 to age 12 and almost tied two of those times…

my g/f is home sick from work… if she’s no better tonight, i’m making her go to the Dr’s.

Best wishes. :frowning:

is he the one that said WHATT when i said i needed a new wallet from a gecko

^ yeah lol