My 1965 Nova II- 8.85@153.5 - Turbo kit FS

New longblock should be here in 30-45 days. Going to start on the new turbo kit soon.

TWEEEEENNNNNSSSSS

this is gonna be siqqqqq

:choda:

^ ha

Beautiful kit. Good luck

:tup:

So are the 7s possible? Even now this has to be fastest street legal/driveable vehicle in WNY if not NY or the East Coast.

I tired googling fastest quarter mile street legal cars, fastest daily driven cars, etc. but it just get bringing up Buggatti’s and shit, or stuff from hot rod magazine from 2014 with guys running in the 11s. Then some guys in the 6’s and even though they were street legal just looking at the cars they weren’t something you could drive to work or the grocery store. Is there a data base somewhere?

7’s are more conquered than many realize. Still a lofty goal for sure, but can and has been done. Looks good Drew :tup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are street cars out there much quicker than this im sure. As far as WNY without getting into a “street car” debate I would say it might be the fastest that actually gets driven a few k miles a season. Not sure honestly.

Whatever it runs it will be in a full trim street car on the same tires I drive around on(drag radials). Without too much speculation ill just say I plan to make a lot more power.

• Updated - - -

Its like 1000rwhp ls builds. lots of people think they have them but few can produce the slip. I know of some 7sec cars but not an abundance of them actually being in real street cars. But yes plenty of them out there nationally im sure.

• Updated - - -

There was an 8sec car thread on yellow bullet that made it like 16 pages or some shit haha. Maybe I will start a 7sec street car thread on there. But not till I run a 7 someday lol

LoLz I don’t follow this stuff. Is there a list somewhere? I’m asking are there people running 6s and going to wegmans afterwards to pick up milk.

I mean @FourEyed went 8.50 @ 162 with his street car there are lots of “street cars” around here that go fast Jason from muffler man is running high 8s with a 4th gen turbo camaro.

No sense in a debate. Itll be fast. Ill be at the track when someone wants to show they are faster. :whisper::squintnono::present::afro:

I can’t imagine what an 9-8-7 second car feels like. That’s awesome.

Top fuel dragster at cedar point?

I think when driving you are so focused on everything going on that you don’t really notice the push into the seat back like you do as a passenger. I know that after having both the bike and car for a while that they both feel slow and that normal cars just feel slower to me.

It depends on the car honestly a powerglide turbo car feels really smooth when I bet a 6spd 10 sec car would feel a lot quicker.

Have someone take you for a ride. Doesnt hurt to ask and Ive given everyone rides in my car or let them drive it. My previous car felt fast as f only because the noise, rumble and hit. My buddies mustang doesn’t feel as fast because it is so smooth and gapped mine by over a second and 15mph.

My truck feels fast because it jumps and bucks 4 tires in a 5600 lb truck lol but runs 12s.

Ive had beaters where it takes 25 seconds to do 100 and you feel like its about to warp speed. Mostly because of the screaming RPMs, shity suspension and parts flying off.

Drew give this dude a ride and let him feel some Gs

Going for a ride in the back seat of the nova while tuning the 2.0 set was awesome. I’d climb threw that cage to ride in it again hahah

Thats why I keep a back set in it :slight_smile:

I want my new motor and turbos. Suspense is killing me!

I would definitely appreciate a ride from anyone but wouldn’t dare to drive anyone else’s car unless they were too drunk to drive, and even then I’d drive like a grandma, I just know the stars would align and something terrible would happen haha. I also don’t let anyone drive my car not that 450HP at the crank feels very fast. After owning my GSXR1000 my viper might as well be a Vespa, but I do love every second I spend in it.

So whats the new engine set up? 427 6 bolt per cylinder, twin turbo, air to water cooler with heat exchanger and ice box?

I know you say its a street car, but a 2 speed glide isn’t really a street car unless you have a GV OD. It would be fun to slowly drive around town though.

My buddy Chris’s dad had a 1964 or so Corvette with a 6xx cubic in blown big block, running on alcohol he would drive on the street. Had a Lenco 3 speed bannger, zoomies, cage, had a small fuel cell for racing with a 10 or 15 gallon cell in the back for street driving. I think this car was able to run 6s. I think he drove it less and less as he got older.

That is such a BS statement have you driven a turbo powerglide car with a big tire and 3.08/3.27 gear?

You don’t turn a lot of RPM at all and having a ton of power with a turbo lets you run a tight stall.