My ass is going to hurt tomorrow...

My car’s going in to Courtesy for oil change number seven (in six months) and my first inspection. I know my rotors either need to be cut or replaced. Given the age of my car, there are NO aftermarket rotors… I HAVE to buy them from Suzuki or GM. I might need pads. Luckily, Advance has those. Are ceramic pads worth the extra $20 over organic ones?

Why do I get the feeling I’m going to be buggered so hard tomorrow I’ll need tampons for my ass?

Eh…you really think your 2005 car needs new rotors? How many miles are on it? Do you notice any vibration/shaking when braking? Can you feel ridges/warping on the rotors with your fingers?

You should be able to tell if you’ll need new pads just by looking at them. For regular driving in a small car, ceramic pads would probably be a waste of money.

Do you not trust this shop? It is hard finding a trustworthy place for inspections. I’ve had great luck with a little shop in Lawrenceville called “Lester Yahn’s” with my beaters.

Inspecting my 5.0 is going to be a MAJOR pain in the ass…it’s expiring this month and will NOT pass emissions as it has no cats, EGR, or smog pump. I used to have a hookup for stickers that can’t get them anymore and I have no idea what I’m going to do this year.

on the pads, depends upon whether you give a rats ass about brake dust IMO. If you could care less, then don’t get them, if you hate cleaning brake dust every other day, then get them.

Vibration, shaking, 18k pizza delivery miles on the car.

i was wondering because of the nature of most of my driving, i am beating on my brakes constantly.

I don’t really trust any mechanic… Kind of in the same way I don’t trust any dentist… Maybe I’m a paranoid schizophrenic… but if the dealership said, “Hey… Your sway bar link is all fucked up,” I’d just pay for it, because I quit climbing under cars when I bought this one.

cheap car = lots of maintance

yeah… that makes absolutely no sense.

I don’t really trust any mechanic…

It’s best to know someone…you remember Jeff Traitor (sp?) from high school? He was the lead tech for Martin Tire for awhile and I trusted him completely with my car. He’s moved on to greener pasturers though and isn’t with them anymore.

i see Trader all the time… He got rid of the Daewoo! He’s moved on up to an Impreza.

I think I may have found a K&N drop-in filter… I have the part number, now I just have to find one.

Someone DOES make something for my car…

Might want to see if the rotors will be covered under warranty. They cut the ones on our '05 Grand Prix at no cost.

I didn’t know your reno could get going fast enough to need brakes at all

i was under the impression it only had 2 brake calipers – front wheels only.
hell, if you’re going to steer and accelerate, might as well brake on that same axle too.

u need ceramic brakes like you need another hole in your ass.

from experience… courtesy first off, never has parts, so call ahead and ask for the parts dept to make sure they have the brakes… but, no aftermarket brakes suck. oem pieces of shit costs like 2ice as much

why not bring it here? can take care of everything for you while you wait even.

meaning you get what you pay for!

hell my truck’s a 2000 w/ hard 87k on it and yet to need rotor’s :dunno:

i see Trader all the time… He got rid of the Daewoo! He’s moved on up to an Impreza.

Yeah, he really is a great guy. He’s in a regular Imprezza or a WRX? Is he still manager of the Autozone?

pm’s? email? midnight meet in north park?

/thread

He has a first generation, dark blue, Impreza Outback wagon, with the 2.2.

He manages the Advance Auto in Etna where Cheeks and Spektator work.

He manages the Advance Auto in Etna where Cheeks and Spektator work.

Yeah…I knew he was the manager of the Etna place. I couldn’t remember if it was Advance or Autozone.

I wonder if Cheeks or Spektator are the heavyset kid who looked at me and my buddy like we were crazy when we asked for an STI airfilter and insisted that we must be thinking of an STS. :slight_smile:

doubtful… Cheeks isn’t skinny, but he’s not heavyset either… and i’m sure he knows what an STI is… and Spektator is a skinny chick.