my buddy's a legend

i know you many will scoff, but this is the coolest $hit around.

my buddy dean and i were out in his dad’s corvette last year the weekend before he went off to university in thunder bay.

long story short, he didnt have permission to use his dad’s car, even though he is 25, and we got radared at 170kph approaching an officer, and 232 kph passing him.

the officer came up and said straight up… “that is going to cost you”

court summons 232 kph in a 100 zone.

the lawyers and police told him recently that that is the fastest anyone has been caught at in niagara EVER!!! and Tim horton was the closest in 1959 when he died at 230kph.

the charges…

10 x (232 - 100) = $1320
4-6 months suspension of license
6 points on license
bent over by insurance company.

dean’s dad is the CEO of a major construction company in ontario and before the incident we were talking about how he had all these lawyers that owed him favours and stuff.

his dad called these favours and Dean got off scott free… even though the prosecutor wanted to fry him alive.

the lawyers differed the date twice so that dean could be there when he got back from school, then they met for a few hours with dean and went with him to court.

the bill came in…$0

turns out the judge used ot babysit deano’s lawyer like 40 years ago…

i dont care if people say he is spoiled and shit, because he isnt your typical rich-kid and he isnt even a car-guy.

but he has proof he is the fastest ever in naigara…lol

and i want to have that kind of pull so i can get myself and my kids off of this type of $hit… damn

no more likely than any of us.

I don’t drive 236km/h.

And not just because my car cant go that fast :wink:

I don’t drive 236km/h.

And not just because my car cant go that fast ;)[/quote]

Same… 8)

what exactly was he thinking while doing 232 kmh on a public road?

GT

That is dangerous and stupid, he deserves the ticket …

everone here has gone faster than the posted speed limits, and did so on purpose.

going 150 by law is no worse than going 232, and who here hasnt gone 150.

also, in the event of debris or any other obstruction on the road, what is the difference in reaction time between 150kph and 232 kph.

not enough time to make any difference.

and since we all have driven that fast, and will do so again, dont say blah blah he’s stupid. we’re all stupid.

anyways… it’s still cool that he is the fastest ever in the region, and that he got off scott free, and that he didnt have to pay a cent.

the sum of the events is what makes it so awesome, not the speed alone.

Cant disagree with you there Bing…Well said…And Yes, Dean is a lucky S.O.B

Wow Dean is soo cool. lol I have been in a 97 Accord that was going 220kmh its a great feeling and then we the passenger said his exit was coming and he slowed down what was sitting on the highway…a popo but he was just after the exit and we got away free. Speeding is good every now and then it keeps the heart pumping.

^^ so is drifting in the streets with kids around, it sure gets the juices flowing.

:roll:

right…

you guys should focus on the speeding itself as a singular event and disregard what actually made the story interesting to me.

after you focus on that singular event without respect to the supporting story, base your decision and your response only on that singular event.

that is the very best way to respond to all scenarios, single one thing out of a series and apply your impressions of this single item to the whole. i believe they call it the halo effect, a common error in social, economic and in personal relationships

its the blatant disregard for the law that bothers me

and you all think its an accomplishment…

be lucky you and everyone around you is alive.

GT

Well it is an accomplishment Greg. Deano has the fastest marked speeding ticket in that area that is some feat. He beat Tim Horton’s past record by 3kmh R.I.P. This is a big story and I understand what Bing is saying, we all jumped on going oh this guy is an asshole going so fast he coulda killed somebody. But he didn’t kill anybody. You have to look past that. This guy set a record for the Niagra area that wont be shown in any record books but only certain people will know. When he is long old people in that area will be telling storys about the guy that beat Tim Horton. Which will be him, next time you see him Bing shake his hand for me.

I don’t know about anyone else, I am not saying he is an asshole, but yes he could have killed someone, he didn’t but that doesn’t change the fact that he was caught. Everyone has done something wrong at one point or another, I just think that he should have to face the consequences for his actions just like the rest of us have to. He made the decision to drive at that speed, so he should accept the responsibility for it. The laws are there for a reason.

i know for a fact that many people on this board have gone faster than 232 kph…

i myself have coem very close, not in my 240 of course.

the act of going 232 itself is reltively insignificant compared to fact that HE WAS CAUGHT W/ PROOF, and that HE GOT OFF SCOTT FREE.

he and i both were pretty sure that he was Fuxxored, i think this event just kinda revealed how much pull his dad has, because i dont think he knew before.

and…

you can kill someone at 51 kph just as easily as 232, and as mentioend previously there is legally no difference between 150 and 232kph.

driving at 232kph on a highway where no one should be walking in the first place is no more likely to kill anyone than driving 80+ in a 50 zone through the city. and please tell me none of you have hit 80 in a 50…

and like tyler said it is a feat, and it is a good story to tell, and i was there when it happened so i know for a fact that it is true.

If you were a noob posting this here, you would have got flamed even worse and you know it, the only reason that everyone isn’t attacking you is because you have friends on the board.

flamed or not, it doesnt make sense why people are crying, “thats dangerous”

and no i dont agree that the only reason people are holding back is because i have friends here.

everyone i have told this story to in person quite enjoys it, and no one has ever said “thats dangerous”. except my mom.

the reason is that the focus is NOT on the 232 kph alone. and that seems to be what everyone is focusing on.

also, it wasnt even me that was speeding, so how can you flame me for this, because i enjoyed it???

anyone who does flame ME is missing the point, the point is to here the story and think;

‘$hit, i’ve never gone that fast really, and i would $hit myself if i got caught. And what an amzing relief it would be to find out your dad could get you off of somehting like this.’

i realise that 99% of the people on this board and NEO go nuts when they hear stories of so-called rich-kids not learning their lessons. we’ve had these arguements before about other prominent members, but if that is what upset you, then calm down.

and bob, going 232 in a corvette with 325 series ZR rated rubber would be the equivalent of a pontiac firefly passing you on the highway at 140 kph on 175 series motomaster winter tires from 4 years ago that came with the car when it was bought for $300 and a hot safety and e-test.

which would you feel more confortable in. the issues is not legalites, because obviously money buys laws.

First of all I am not upset at all.

I am only stating my opinion that it was dangerous and that he should have been charged since he was caught.

This is just like people posting oh look at me…

“I was with my friend one time and he did a high speed drift down his street in the middle of the day, it was so cool, wow!”

Big deal. You can brag about it if you feel that it is some major accomplishment, but in reality it is something stupid to be proud of and it was dangerous no matter what you say, going more than double the speed limit is never safe, even on the highway. The guy who held the previous speed record died, doesn’t that serve to show how dangerous driving at those speeds can be.

good points, especially that death thingy.

and since it is unnecessary to argue any further, lockity lock lock lock.