my car whistles

I did a search to see if this topic already exists but there is so many pages that I gave up. Anyways, when i rev higher around 4,5000 and up, my car whistles as it accelerates…a friend of mine says he had the same sound with his prelude and it was coming from the exhaust manifold…anyone know if this is normal??

thanks.
adam

http://www.sunamiturbo.com/

I kid I kid :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you know there was some dumb site selling BOV IMITATORS!!! That was a little speaker that made a bov sound under your hood lmao…

oh ya its a 93 hatch

exhaust manifold is cracked and thats what you are probably hearing. Check your entire system for leaks. You may need to take heat shields off and look for soot buildup.

My civic used to whistle like crazy when i accelerate and i didnt have any problems. (Not sure what is was till this day tho)

through the speakers? I’ve heard that before, bad ground?

Happened to me before. CHanged a belt at the front and it went away. Dont remember which belt tho…

if it’s an exhaust leak you should be able to just stick your head underneath the hood and use your nose,

if it smells like sh… it’s probably an exahust leak, and you can usually hear it loud and clear, it will sound like a small 2 stroke engine, a “put put put put put put” noise if you will.

as for the whining… it could be a belt, it should be a pulley, it should be a window or sunroof that is slightly opened, hold the throttle with your hand and see if you can try to find it that way.

My boy had the same problem. we opened his manifold up yesterday, put some exhaust manifold liquid gasket (that shit works), let it dry and it purrs like a kitten now.

if my exhaust manifold is cracked or something…would getting headers get rid of it or am i thinking a completely wrong direction…?

Mine whistles too. It doesn’t bother me. Although people do ask me if my car’s turboed quite a bit…maybe because they’re surprised it whistles like a turbo yet is so slow.

B-Wurm :smiley:

lol you must be happy that people think it’s turbo’ed eh

what sort of whistle? lol my white winter 93 hatch wistled like i was boostign but really it was jsut that gay hatchback sunroof… so glad my regualr car is a coupe

its pretty loud when i accelerate at higher rpms…im almost positive its coming from the engine bay…exhaust manifold was a suggestion or the belts…as the belts do squeal from time to time upon start up only for a second tho…i dunno im confused…just wanna get rid of it and ya ppl think its turbo…kinda

and what a coupe!

mine is starting to whistle too while driving…not annoying.but sounds cool

and my power steering pump is making a loud noise too…sounds like a superharger…