My cars fucked up

Raced 2 LS1’s in the last two weeks. The first was a 2000 Camaro Z28 M6 with Lid,cat-back, well thats all he said he had. I was running bald potenza 730, even heated them. So he pulls about 1 car to 50 and doesn’t pull anymore to like 90. I was a little mad cause I though with my headers I should about even with him. So last night I run another one. This one was a 2002 TA with ram air hood, he said he had a cold air box though :confused:, M6, and a nice short shifter, I got new tires now soo I’m hoping to do better. I laid into to quick cause I saw him get the jump and spun like crazy. Anyway he got me by like 2 cars and he was still pulling. Both the raced my car was very hot and I no it probally would have ran better if it had sat for a while but I’m still mad. I really need a smaller pulley . :frowning:

Originally posted by 97greengtp
Raced 2 LS1’s in the last two weeks. The first was a 2000 Camaro Z28 M6 with Lid,cat-back, well thats all he said he had. I was running bald potenza 730, even heated them. So he pulls about 1 car to 50 and doesn’t pull anymore to like 90. I was a little mad cause I though with my headers I should about even with him. So last night I run another one. This one was a 2002 TA with ram air hood, he said he had a cold air box though :confused:, M6, and a nice short shifter, I got new tires now soo I’m hoping to do better. I laid into to quick cause I saw him get the jump and spun like crazy. Anyway he got me by like 2 cars and he was still pulling. Both the raced my car was very hot and I no it probally would have ran better if it had sat for a while but I’m still mad. I really need a smaller pulley . :frowning:

ls1 > you :smiley:

want to race one of my STOCK ones???//:slight_smile:

Let me get a pulley first :smiley:

Let me get a pulley first :smiley:
bring it!!!let me get a selonoid!!!:smiley:

Originally posted by Pewterss
selonoid!!!:smiley:
is that spelled right:D

Originally posted by SleeperGTP
is that spelled right:D
:dunno: :dunno:

so why is your car supposedly f-d up? :confused: sounds like its just slow :tounge:

yeah i def dont think you could beat an LS1

Originally posted by BlkP42E
:stupid:

LS1 can nevAr lose.:smiley:

Originally posted by thefranchise
so why is your car supposedly f-d up? :confused: sounds like its just slow :tounge:

run him!

anyway as i stat in every freaking post of greeengtp’s… his car shuts down at 96ish… he shouldn t even freaking race it untill he figures out wtf’s going on!

and as far as green being mad at loosing… don t ls1’s almost trap @ 110 ish stock?

Originally posted by BETRAYED93
run him!

anyway as i stat in every freaking post of greeengtp’s… his car shuts down at 96ish… he shouldn t even freaking race it untill he figures out wtf’s going on!

and as far as green being mad at loosing… don t ls1’s almost trap @ 110 ish stock?
Most M6’s trap around 105-106. I have a lid, exhaust, and weak cam and I trapped at 109.74 so it would be possible for a stock car to be close to 110.

running bald potenza 730, even heated them.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t heating the tires reduce their traction? (I mean heating beyond normal operating temp.)

I read some interesting shit on club gp the other day about how are cars pull timing when your 1/4 tank or less on gas. My low fuel light was on for both races and I know I had no more than 2 gallons in the car cause I was right on E. Anyone alse ever here of this?

my truck just sputters because it cant pick up fuel fast enough when i go full throttle. but i have never heard anything about this.

and what do you expect to run in the quarter if you are mad at loseing to a ls1?

Originally posted by BlkP42E
I beat some kid last year who had a lid and slp cat back, and that was without rockers or headers. It was an auto though. If my car wasn’t fucked up at 95 My car is capable of trapping 105.

I beat some kid last year who had a lid and slp cat back, and that was without rockers or headers. It was an auto though. If my car wasn’t fucked up at 95 My car is capable of trapping 105.
:bsflag: :bsflag:

Originally posted by Pewterss
:bsflag: :bsflag:
Why call BS, I’ve trapped 101.80 before I got 1.9 rockers or headers, before I started taking my headlight out for ram air and having it make the sc run cooler. All as I need is a smaller pulley, if that.

how have you trapped 101.8 if its shuttin off at 97? or is that something that has just happend??

Originally posted by flyinglow57
how have you trapped 101.8 if its shuttin off at 97? or is that something that has just happend??
That was from the beginning of last year at the track, before I got the rockers. After I broke a lifter It started doing that shit at 95ish.