My Corvette and Small Block Build Emporium

So as some of you know, I’ve started building a new engine for my corvette.

This was really step one of me becoming balls deep in LSX engines and parts.

I am planning on building three LSX based engines in the near future.

1. This is for the corvette my baby.

Started off life as a normal LS6, then it got some sleeves placed in it opening her up to 4.125" bores. 4.0" crank with a forged balanced rotating assembly will make her 427 cubes. She’ll get topped off with some trick flow 245s and a big fast. I haven’t got the cam spec’d yet but it’ll be a big donkey dick cam. I plan on running a 150hp N20 on her as well.

The next two engines will be budget minded builds, that will just use up what I happen to already own.

Here is a list of parts now sitting in my garage.

Stock short block ls1 with a bad piston
AFR205s
LS6 intake, LS1 intake
Brand new Iron block 5.3L
Brand new LS1 crank
241 Heads
comp cam
LS1 cam

So this is what I’m thinking about building out of my parts.

Forged LS1
AFR205’s
Stock crank
bbk intake
t-rex cam

AND

5.3L iron block
ls1 crank
4.8L pistons
old ls1 connecting rods
ls1 heads shaved .03 or .04
LS6 intake
comp cam - heavy mild

OR

Forged LS1
Stock crank
comp cam I already have - heavy mild
ls6 intake

AND

5.3L iron block
ls1 crank
4.8L pistons
old ls1 connecting rods
ls1 heads shaved .03 or .04
ls1 intake
ls1 cam

These other two engines will be used in a future project that I’ll pict up. I’d love to have an older muscle car, so that is what I’m leaning on putting the forged LS1 into.

I’d also like to do something weird like a V8 240sx, in that case I’d use the 5.3L.

Either way I’ll probably end up getting bored and either selling off a couple engines or selling the cars I swap them into shortly after that.

Corvette take down pictures coming soon.

I want the Corvette to be up and running within the next ~4 months.

:blue:

:bigsmurf:

:lickmahpussy:
:rl:

:elephant:

De stroked LS1 revving to 12k ?

Actually I’ve been thinking about doing something like that. Would you use the 4.8L crank, with aluminum ls1 connecting rods, and forged pistons? light short stroke?

Big cubes and pushrods :tup:

Destroke high rev :tdown:

I only mention it because it was a running joke years back with Towaga and it might be interesting to see it happen.

Well my plans changed as I found out the 427 block I got had a cracked sleeve. :frowning: I got my money back and decided to go another way. Sold off my AFR’s and decided to go with a nice small Gen IV LS3. :evil: Also sold my rear fenders off with a set of flared ones coming. I’m shooting for 550whp NA and maybe 800-900 on N20. :shoot: Anyway this is how she sits now. I need to remove the short block still, it is just sitting there waiting on my buddy’s cherry picker.

Soon to be…

The Triumph and Webber are begging for my attention…

What every garage needs, lots of tires and a/c.

Smoked 427 :frowning:

LSx M3 LoL

The LS3 should be delivered in about 3 weeks. I can’t wait.

Is that the stock ls1 still in the car? What were you running on it, and what went wrong on it?

It was a heads cam n20 stock short block. I ended up cracking a ring and ringlind(sp) on one piston. No real damage. I think I’m going to toss a 4" crank new pistons and a cam and make it a nice little 383 for my nex project. It’ll sit for a little first though until my triumph is done.

Test fitting the new fenders…disregard the 4x4 gaps, there isn’t any engine in the car plus the suspension isn’t compressed at all.

Black rears are factory Z05 18x10.5 with 295/40/18s, the Kodiak wheel is an 18x12.5 with 335/30/18s on them. :slight_smile:

I will probably sell them all and get something with a really aggressive offset. I’m thinking Work VS-XX’s 18x13’s with a -17 offset.

lol… N@ Euros :slight_smile:

LoL

I need to pull off all the old stickers. Oh and put a working engine back in her.

do you think it was the ‘deathproof’ sticker that jinxed you in the first place?

btw, those fenders are gonna be dope once painted and the stance is dialed in.

Looks siqqq!

Def agree. What wheels are you going with or is it going to be a variety depending on the day?

Lets hope not! The “Deathproof” sticker if Jeremy’s user name (on the board) who went with me on the Rally. His engines are all ok as far as I know. LoL That is one of my FAV stickers.

I can’t wait until the new engine is in so I can start playing with the stance. She is going to be LOW.

Thanks!

I’ll be running the Kodiak’s as my main wheels, at least for a little. I do want to run the black Z wheels until I smoke off the tires. LoL Then I might sell the Kodiak’s and get something else. I’ll likely stay with the 18" rim diameter though, at least there are tires I can put on a 18"x12+" rim that don’t kill the bank.

I can’t wait until the new engine is in so I can start playing with the stance. She is going to be LOW.

Are those TPE fenders?

Yes sir TPE T2’s.

http://www.totalperformanceengineering.com/index.php?cPath=6_20

http://www.totalperformanceengineering.com/images/Front%20&%20Rear%201.jpg

Ok so I got a little distracted with this mini project I picked up…

2000 Camaro Z28 Auto, Black on Black leather T-Top car. It has intake, MAF, exhaust, tune, !egr, !air, and the cats are tuned out but still present. Has newly painted hood and fenders because they were sun damaged.

I purchased it from a friend at work who hit a curb with the car. Since then I replaced the sub frame (K-member), LCA’s, power steering rack, steering knuckle, front brake lines, ABS sensor, wheels, etc.

Car is very solid.

When I first got it…

Ouch

Now… if you notice the hood not lining up, that is because the bump stops are missing. When the front end was painting they never put them back. I will be replacing those and lining it up the best I can again.

i love them t-tops

Finally started jacking with my C5 again. Swapped the motor mounts onto the new engine and ordering new valve covers today. Also ordering a complete custom fuel system. While I was doing that I decided to rip apart the old ls1. I’ll be doing something fun with this later. :wink:

Block is pretty much perfect.

Crap!

I can’t believe the car still ran pretty much perfectly, well except for burning a ton of oil lol.

I just need to move that engine on the floor into the car. LoL