My daughter.....

For a bone marrow transplant, you don’t match blood. You have to be an HLA match. Blood type matches are more for blood or platelet transfusions.

Blood and platelets will be needed most likely.

I would donate if I could, but with previous cancer history, I’m not able to.

Butch, if you need any info or have questions, ask me. I’ll pass them to my wife who is a scientist at Roswell and VERY knowledgable.

I’m sorry. :frowning: I hope all goes well.

I’ll donate whole blood or platelets if I’m a match and if needed. I’m O+. I planned on donating whole blood next week anyway.

:frowning:

i am so sorry to hear that as most people in this site I would be most inclinded donte blood if need be .

I know its a longshot, but maybe one of us on here is a match for the marrow transplant. Im more than willing to get tested.

My prayers are with you and your daughter.

:word:

I know blood type isn’t the end all for marrow, but its a first step, if I’m a matching blood type I would test for marrow compatibility to be a donor

We are having her younger sister tested Tuesday. Siblings are checked first. After that, they look to the non-related donor list for as close a match as possible.

Let me know … Ill test too

Mine and Mariahs prayers are with you guys

Blood type is not important. The recipient takes on the new blood type from the donor. It’s all about genetic matching factors.

ok seriously let me know and ill test

My thoughts and prayers are also with you. My fiance is also a research scientist at roswell, she does research with DNA methylation, she also just finished Dosimerty classes at roswell as well and will be a Medical dosimetrist in a few months, she does the physics plans for radiation. If you have any questions or concerns that you are concerned with I know she will answer them as best as she can. So sorry.

Me and the good lord havn’t spoke since he took my friends, we will talk tonight though. If you or your family needs anything, don’t hesitate for a second to ask, were here for you in any way we can be.

from my family to your good luck

my prayers are with you and yours

If you need donors let me know. I can find out my type at work.

Check ur pm’s… ill donate…let me know where and when to be tested

Butch, my prayers are with you and your step daughter, I hope everything turns out for the best. Stay strong and God bless.

if she has half of your strength, she’ll come out ok. prayers and thoughts are with you both.

ill totally test so post ip some more info, please let us all know

I would be more than willing to test also, if needed. Just post when and where if you need someone.