My daughter.....

Wow thats terrible, I heard bone marrow transplants are very painful. I’ve never prayed really before but I’ll definately send one out for her.

This reminds me of The Rainmaker… good luck and hope everything turns out for the best.

once again Butch thats terrible… let me know if she’ll be needing platelet transfusions and ill asign my donations to her… thoughts and prayers…

So many have asked so here is the scoop. It seems stupid to me but to get yourself on the National Donor list, it costs you money. They charge the potential donor for the blood work. It’s $52.00. Basically you sign up online, they send you a kit, you swab your cheek and send it back. If you are really interested, you could potentially save someone’s life if you are a match.

It’s all here: http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Join_the_Registry/index.html

Oh and as for the actual transplant there is no pain involved. For the donor, it is like giving blood. There are some shots prior that cause a bit of discomfort but that’s it. The receiver just gets a bag of marrow in a transfusion.

so sorry, you are in my prayers

just checking back for any updates…

still in my thoughts and prayers

very sorry to hear that :tdown: I’ll keep her in my thoughts and prayers

sorry to hear

Oh my Butch :frowning:

I’m sorry…

very sorry to hear.

is there anything that can tell me if I’m disqualified to make a donation?

sorry to hear man

best of luck to your family

My friend just passed, he had leukemia, he was 30 and had just recieved his marro transplant, however shortly after he had a brain hemrige from the kemo…

http://dan.goatco.org/

let me know if you need anything or if we could do a fundraiser to help with expensise etc

Wow, Butch…

I’m very sorry to hear. Hope everything works out for her and that they caught it soon enough.

so very sorry to hear butch,my thoughts are with you and your family.

That link I posted will tell you what they won’t allow.

As for my daughter, she is scared as hell. Tomorrow we’ll have a better idea of when this will happen. For the last few days she has been getting transfusions to keep her platelets up.

word

Prayers are with you and family, and again more than happy to be tested for a match and O+ blood if it helps. nyspeed benefit? Pay X amount to get in, ride around, all money goes to family? I think we are all willing to do our part :slight_smile:

^^^ I’d attend, would be willing to help cater too

wtf man - talk about the worst line of luck i can think of…i truly hope for the best possible outcome butch not just for her but for your sake - thats too much for someone to deal with. …def keep us updated

No benefits needed. You guys did so much for me last time. I appreciate it.

As for an update, we had my younger daughter tested today for a match. even if she is a match, they may not use her as it is possible that her marrow may have or become defective inf the future. Ashley’s spirits remain high. She knows what to expect and is ready. She just wants to get it started so she can move on from it. It’s a long road but we’ll get through it the best we can.

Thanks for all your support. We really appreciate it.