My Firebird :-(

Sad day, I’m going to attempt to cut tie’s with my Firebird. I recently moved and have 0 garage space. My tools are going into storage along with the bikes. The goal is to be in my own home by 2014, and this is just not a priority.

Currently have the car on Craigslist, so I wont duplicate my description here.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3381659696.html

I have the car listed for $1800, but know I will be low balled, and cash talks.

If I’m having too hard of a time selling this car, I’ll begin parting it out…I might actually make more doing that.

Thanks for checking the thread out guys, please don’t bash me too hard for posting a typical incomplete project. ’

-Tom

Wish I was a fan of the Firechickens. GLWS.

Where’s 96Vbird, buy it, strip it, and keep the T56…

Why does this seem so cheap?

I’m just being realistic. The interior is beat, and the car needs mega tlc.

I need to move it soon as I’m temporarily storing the car at my parents house.

+1 I was expecting $2500 seeing as it’s so clean, hell I bet the engine/trans is worth the $1800

Truth…

The MSD opti and long tubes right there were $1000+

For anyone who is interested… Here’s a few pictures I snapped earlier today. As you can tell the dash is out and the bird nest of wiring is exposed. The rest of the car is really clean. Wheel wells are clean, engine bay is clean, but dusty. [ATTACH=CONFIG]22472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22474[/ATTACH]

Sorry for the shitty pictures

Does the dash just need to get put back on?
Or does it require wiring and electrical work?

The wiring would need to be cleaned up. It’s currently wired for ignition, fuel pump, exterior lighting. I had psychopjv wire it up.
Although the line-lock, electric water pump, and fans need to be wired. I really haven’t touched the car at all since I got it back from Elma Automotive.

Why does this shit come up a month before christmas lol, seems like a killer deal. Glws If its still around in feb/march i would be happy to come pick it up.

Good price, post it up on ltxtech

Paint job isn’t bad on the car either

yeah, first thing that popped up when i saw this, lol.

lemme think about it. might go in on it with a friend.

U will need another input shaft and front case to use this on a ls1

yeah i know it’ll need converting. i might also have a line on some Corvette T56s and have been talking with TDP.

Tom, I PMd you, we’ll be in touch

If they are cheap enough it’s worth it. C5 t56s require even more work. Have you called Ron Wayne he had a few when I called 2 months ago. Jandjspeedshop is the guy for t56 rebuild in this area. Either way he should be the guy you call to convert both. He’s currently building mine

Usually Ron Wang only sells complete engine/transmission packages, but it might be worth a call. LS input shaft are around $230, and the front transmission plate is around $250 to convert a LT1 T56 to an LS. Money might be better off selling it to a SBC guy and buying an LS T56

Still waiting for a reply Gus