My friend's new ride. Oh my.

I challenged no-one on this thread. Let’s just drop this. It will be for the better

dan joined for this thread :lol:

Why are people comparing a C6 Z06 to an older Viper GTS?

hey guys just got in i guess i missed alot…damn, marcus you got a real nice car but your sadly mistaken on some comments you made…heres the magazine racing

Road and Track: 12.3 at 116 … 60 in 4.2
Car and Driver: 11.7 at 125 … 60 in 3.6
Motor Trend: 11.5 at 127 … 60 in 3.5

-all of these are in the october 05’ issues of each mag
now your probally goin to say whatever there magazines with pro drivers.

-now i have a 2002 zo6 and the magazines said 12.4-12.7 in that range at 114. well i hate to sau it but a ton of guys have ran 11.7’s at 117+ on completely stock cars with the goodyear street tires on them. ive seen guys ran 13’s with zo6’s and 11’s its all about the driver, give one of these C6 Z06’s to ranger or j-rod and i bet you’d see a low 11 or very high 10 on stock tires, its all about the driver. ive seen vipers in the 14’s and in the 11’s stock, driver sux period. i will agree with you stock for stock with the same driver and same seat time a viper should beat a C5 Z06 but you put the new C6 Z06 with same conditions you lose sorry dude.

-you said the new 427 Z06 is maxxed out ok whatever LG motorsports just put on there headers and gained 45 wheel horsepower and same for the torque and thats to the wheels. theres a graph of it hitting 483 wheel with the cats on and stock mufflers and the air fuel was at 11.5-11.7.

-the viper interior isnt bad but for 80k+ from the factory you think they would do something about the friggin HVAC controls its looks terrible, has forever along with the stock radio. the vette could use some things to but not nearly as much as the viper.

-oh as for dan is my boy he’ll be supercharging my car next winter…hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…wait…hold on…ok…hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that kid is a fucking retard, i talked to him a few times seemed ok, then he smacked talked and wouldnt race…WTF…he said and i quote “lets strap it on the dynos and we’ll see whats faster” im almost laughed to death r u serious??? give me a break.

• i hope you drive as good as you can smack talk to everyone on here…i mean your acting like a huge dick, i mean huge just beacuse you drive a viper. your making fun of people for driving neons, civics, camaros, whatever they drive them becasue they like them or because they can afford them at the moment, not everyones loaded or has good jobs to pay for stuff like that. you can ask everyone that knows me, im the nicest guy ever and i drive a vette…ooooohhhhhhh…big deal its car, i dont act like a dick.

-show me a vette that can beat bikes…yada yada yada… well for thing my dads smokes my 2003 R1(1000cc in case your dumb) by trains and hes got only 800rwhp, i mean i guess i suck at driving the bike i only rattled off a 10.4 at 136 mph at nyirp and im pretty sure i could have hit 9’s if i could keep the bike down in first gear. bring your supercharged viper out to play we’ll see what happens.

-now for the official call out…bring it on…all i have is a 2002 zo6 stock with no mufflers and heavy ass wheels. i want to race from a stop.

-then when your supercharged viper comes out i want another rematch. FI verses FI

bring it bitch

OOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek: tape it tape it tape it!!1

Marcus

I dunno if your just trying to get everyones panties in a knot here, but if you are you have suceeded. Your car is much hotter than 98% of the cars on here, and it probably will get you more gold digging bitches than any car on here if thats what your looking for. I think in general people think vipers are like 100K exotic cars, when in reality most car guys know what a used GTS goes for.

Vipers have a sick potential! :tup: let’s see how long you can wait before ordering some turbos for it :pimp:

X…

LOL ur such a silly kid mark, u will not run low 10s on street tires i can guarantee you that, AND on top of that you will not beat me, EVER. Motor to Motor i own you, and when u get ur supercharger i will spray you and punk you out again. I raced a modded viper at the track already, had a few bolt-ons done, slicks, and skinnies and i made it look like a little red wagon.

I no what your gonna say next, ‘lets have a race up to 180mph and see who wins’ LOL :biglaugh: typical viper owner comment :wink:

u better call me when u get it mark i want a ride

[QUOTE=Marcus]==========================================================
Non Bold Black Writing - Me the 1st time
Bold Black Writing - Marcus…the Prophecy
Red Bold Writing - me the final time.

you asked… price for price, mod for mod.

69k > 83k (price only matters to people who cant afford it) [color=red]You’re right, but I have a feeling you can’t afford an 83 thousand dollar car either… if you could…theres no reason you wouldnt have boughten a 2006 SRT-10 viper, instead of a 50k used one :bloated:

[/color]vettes hp/tq vs weight > vipers hp/tq vs weight (this is neglegible, vette is 7.10 lbs per hp / viper is 7.13 lbs per hp)
(torque for vette is 7.66 lbs per ft pound / viper is 6.56 lbs per ft pound)(hp to weight neglebible-torque to weight is substantial to viper favor) actually… VETTE IS 6.2 LBS PER HP.

vettes handling>>>>>>> vipers handling (Last time I checked, .98g is less than 1.01g) (in vipers favor again) WOW. Ill tell you right now…i wouldn’t want to be a professional driver in a viper, going up against a decent driver in a z06.

people with vettes tend to know what they are talking about (this thread disproves this rule LOL) NO THIS THREAD PROVES THIS…EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID IS A COMPLETE JOKE.

no ghey stripes on vettes (what about the grand sport vette? it had stripes… vettes arent fast enough to have racing stripes without looking ghey) YOU ADMIT THAT THE VETTE IS FASTER THAN THE VIPER…BUT YET THEY AREN’T FAST ENOUGH TO HAVE STRIPES LIKE ONE??? OMFG.

vettes are fast 1/4 wise (and you are slow mentally, but we are not keeping track :slight_smile: How do you figure…you’re making me look like a fucking prophecy. I haven’t posted in General Automotive like this ever before… P.S- Its sad to see you still havent gotten you’re and your distinguished…so you’re now just saying “you are” :lol:

vettes i bet are safer (last time I checked, when a vette crashes, you need two dust pans and an engine stand) :bloated:

vettes have nicer rims(2006 viper rims are almost same as vette rims…cough) [color=red]NOT THE NEW ONES… :slight_smile:

[/color]vettes are prolly cheaper insurance wise (actually, no. thats what happens when you couple dime a dozen production #'s with stupid owners) STUPID OWNERS? SO YOU’RE SAYING ALL VETTE OWNERS ARE STUPID???

vettes get respect from me (Thats because you’re mildly retarded) AS IS 98% OF THIS FORUM. P.S.- I RAN THIS THREAD BY MY DAD…HE WANTS TO JOIN NOW

I’ve actually seen a vette on jackstands…(and I have seen a SR-71 Blackbird on jack-stands…point?) SO YOU ADMIT, YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN A VIPER ON JACKSTANDS???

corvettes have been around longer than dodge has…not vipers, but dodge itself. (Dodge has been in business since 1917 - vettes came on in 1952) TWAS A JOKE.

modablility is cheaper with vettes. (and you get what you pay for) :bloated:

40whp with $400 headers >>>>>> (considering the car is not out yet, and there is no aftermarket… you know this how? But it’s a vette so it must be true.) BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE/PLACES DO HAVE THEM, AND THEY JUST DYNOED ONE WITH A SET OF LG LONG PIPES, AND IT MAKE 40 more WHP.

but then again, a vette is just a vette. (just like the 10 that are parked on my street… (that I know about)) IM SORRY… YOU’RE VETTE IS SO PRESTIGEOUS. I DON’T SEE DAEWOOS EVERYDAY… SO THEY MUST BE BETTER THAN VETTES!!! [QUOTE]

Everything thing you said in this, either makes you look like an ass-o, or just plain fucking retarded.

I HOPE YOU GET A SWEEET CUSTOM TITLE.

more like 8psi

wow. adam was showing me this last night. i am in the market for buying a new car, and i would pick the new z06 (which i might) over a viper anyday. There is a certain feeling, and a certain person who owns a corvette. Theres a reason why the corvette has been in production for 50 plus years. And every year it gets more and more popular.

Marcus, you’ve gone and done it.

This is is the voice of reason! He usually is the nicest fucking guy EVER!

Wow, you got him to call you out… lol

BTW, while beckington does have some valid points, he also comes accross as a corvette humping bitch.

Most of his list includes “facts” which in reality, are just opinion.

Anyway - here’s my thought on what went on in this thread.

Everyone said said “Fucking vipers are awesome.” Everyone.

A couple people said “they are hot, but I’d like something else.”

A couple other people said “I like them a lot, but I’d rather the Z06 (C6)”

Marcus came on, and took that as an insult.

Marcus then replied to every single post that was “somewhat” negative to his viper.

Upon replying and getting more pissed on everyone ripping on his car, the more emotion he puts into it, the higher his Viper is on a pedestal.

Now Marcus is a little opinionated, and now thinks Vipers > *

People get defensive about that, and start jabbering how the vette is this and that.

About 100 posts of useless banter and dick showoff matches with numbers - and we still have two sides that disagree.

Do you fucktards (yes, ALL of you) realize that you guys are fighting over an OPINION? Different people have different preferences. I like the Jets, you like the Bills. I think the Bills suck. You think the Jets suck. Well, NO!!! The Jets have John Abraham who is BETTER than Takeo Spikes! NO HE ISN’T TAKEO IS 225 lbs ABRAHAM IS 235, HE IS FATTER!! BLAH BLAH BLAH

ALL OF YOU, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

MARCUS GET OFF THE HIGH HORSE, your car is nice but it isn’t the best thing since sliced bread. Which you TOTALLY make it seem like.

Everyone who sucks off corvettes, YOUR FUCKING CAR IS EVERYWHERE, IT’S LIKE A FUCKING CIVIC OF “SUPER” CARS. LET THE FUCKING MAN HAVE HIS VIPER THAT HE LIKES, AND YOU DON’T AS MUCH!

boy o boy this thread was fun.

marcus, welcome, and nice car.

my 2 cents. covette is better than viper. i used to love vipers when i was a kid, but as i became more knowledgable about cars, the simple fact is the vette is a better car for performance.

the ONE thing the viper has over a vette, is scarcity, and styling (i think that has to do with scarcity as well). a viper is very intimidating looking, very sleek, and sexy. long hood, continuous smooth lines carrying back through the door.

both cars have crap interiors. sorry, they do.

if you are happy with what you bought, awesome. thats the most important thing. if you wanted nothing but a sweet car that got looks, looks sexy, has some gumption, sweet, you have picked a great car. but for performance, not only is the c6 zo6 a better car, so is the c5 imo. usable power is the name of the game. dont take offense to what i am saying, i am not hating on your purchase.

safe motoring

oh good thing this wasn’t locked.
I wanna race the viper too… 0-45… His back tires have more rubber than all of mine, 4 more cylinders, and 2x the power.

not allowing me to delete

The Jets suck I do know that for sure thats just a fact…

“HORSEPOWER NUMBERS MEAN SHIT NOOB”

oh yeah, didnt you blow that ls1 up before…or so I hear

kill this thread. please. the only positive thing that might come out of it is gsx vs. marcus. ( :smiley: yes plz.) I think this crap has run it’s natural course. :shoot:

This is a sad post…my buddy posted my car on this forum, I joined when there were 47 replies and people knocking it already. All you began this pissing contest, not me. Personally I don give a shit what you guys drive or who is faster by that 1/2 car length. I really dont care and frankly I dont care if you guys knock dodge over chevy. In the end, it doesnt matter.