My fuel guage doesn't seem to be 100% accurate

Well I filled up to a full tank today (2nd time ever in car, yep I’m poor), and my guage doesn’t show a FULL tank. It shows half way between 3/4 and 4/4. So close enough I guess… but like why doesnt’ it show a full tank ? Any ideas?

Is it always showing less than it’s supposed to then ?

my last sending unit held $10 under empty @$.55/L

my current one dosen’t gobelow the line…

check the sending unit wires for corrosion may be causing that signal problem

or maybe the gas pump was screwed and u didnt really fill it too the top it just kept stopping. .

i recently swapped clusters and my old gas guage was mint, filled up all the way full and ran out right at e, my new one runs out at halfway beetween 1/2 and 3/4 :roll: , obviously the problem is the guage itself but can it be adjusted? and if so can i just move the needle with my hand (when the cluster is out the needle stays where it was under tension) or do i have to take the needle off and reposition it??

yeah, i told you it was the fuel sending unit.

Did you really? Wow I’m slow…

What exactly do I do with the sending unit, do I have to replace it or just clean it ?

And how do I access it, is it where the fuel pump is? I just open that up and it’s there or what?

Just take the fuel gauge that works out of the old cluster and put it into the new cluster.

Also my fuel light never came on even when the car was on empty (according to the guage). Does that mean the guage shows less than the tank has, or could the fuel light be boinked ?

Mine dose the same thing.