My girlfriend totalled her car out. New car options.

:rolleyes: During one of the snowy days last month she had an incident on the 33, and she just recently found out they will be totalling her '08 Suzuki Forenza. Geico has been great and offering her a decent chunk of change for an absolutely awful car. (It really was the worst, and i’m very happy it’s totalled)

Regardless, she is now in the market for a new or certified pre-owned car. Looking at Honda Fit’s, civics, mazda 3’s, Sentra’s, Corolla’s, etc. We’ll be doing some shopping around this week at several local dealerships for her, but up to this point she has only shopped online.

Any screaming deals on a reliable daily out there? Anything I may be forgetting about. FYI she doesn’t care much about the car as long as it’s reliable, and falls within her budget. With grad schools she’s looking to stay low; as close to $200/mo with a couple G’s down.

Mazda 3 and the Corolla are a very good starting point. Subaru has some good deals now too.

Good luck!

mazda.

but im a little biased.

New impreza. My gf has a 2010 and payment is hardly over $200. I love it.

sign and drive a new jetta?

mazda 2 is underrated. If your checking out the fit, give it a drive too.

mazda 3s are amazing. skip the shit-turn Toyota at all costs.

base impreza is a good idea for a girl in the winter. reliable and great in snow…plus it doesnt look too much like a cheap econo car…its nice

Whatever she gets buy the dumb bitch some snows for it.

My Mazdaspeed3 was surprisingly good in the snow when I had it in buffalo during x-mas last year. A lot of owners on forums report the same. No idea if that follows through on the standard mazda 3 though.

15,900 for a new jetta is a SOLID deal, and they’re always throwing out good lease deals on them too.

I am a big fan of the Honda Fit/Civic. It’s cheap and super reliable. Fiancee has ~25-30k on her civic and it’s only been back to the dealer once for squeaky shocks when turning at slow speeds.

Base impreza is a good car. A buddy of mine leased one for 36 months and never had issues with it. Proven AWD system would make it great in the snow.

Get her into one of the TRUE $0 down leases that were/are still going on. I know Honda was doing the Civics for $199 a month with $0 down. I also think Hyundai was doing the same for the Elantra and VW for the Jetta. Just when the fucking pile of shit car needs something it is out of her hands. Great piece of mind while she is in grad school. When she is done with it, turn it in and get another $0 down $199 a month lease.

$2000 Buy it.

http://www.bestsubzerorepair.com/images/wolf48.jpg

My cousin recently got a really good deal on a Corolla, but it’s hard to beat AWD Imprezas.

Going to take a look at both, thanks!

I’m big on Subaru. Definitely an awesome idea. We’ll stop by.

mehhh… maybe…

Thanks Mike, we’ll look into it. Definitely leaning as far away from Toyota as possible.

Agreed!

A-FUCKING-MEN. One of the magor causes leading up to he accident if I had to say.

Thanks, i’ve always been big on Honda reliability too. Not so much for me anymore, but for her, an uninteresting, reliable, cheap Honda will fit the bill.

She can’t lease, it’s just not a viable option for her. Thanks though.

lol.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Leaning heavily towards a Subie right now, we’ll see what she has to say when we look at/ drive one.

i remember hearing on the radio honda (lia maybe?) has civics you can lease for something stupid cheap like $60/month

I have heard that Lia Honda is a high-pressure asshole lot. I would steer clear.

Get a number from them, then go to Don Davis and wave it at them. Don Davis is a great Honda dealer.

My sister’s got a new Impreza and loves it. The price is right too. Around here, having AWD is a great selling point.

Good info on the dealer, thanks. Theres no way she’s going to lease.

Any info on incentives or whatnot based on her recent experience?

Thanks guys :grouphug:

Lol when my gf was shopping for her civic in 09, her dad went to Lia and he got into a fight with the salesman because he was high pressure. The salesman literally asked him “Did you come here to pick a fight sir?”

I laughed my ass off when he told me about it. Needless to say, he bought from Ray Laks and he paid cash too. That salesman def lost a multiple time buyer.

Mazda3.

Left over 2010s are available with 0%/60mos with $750 rebate.

Smokin deal. Thanks for the heads up dude.