my latest top mount manifold creation

well, i designed this manifold for a guy who requested that it clear AC compressor and that the wastegate be ran to the backside instead of the typical front side of the manifold. This was a huge PITA and involved alot of fabrcation and welding. The runners were needed to be ran tight in order to make room in the already tight e36 engine bay.

here is a pic instide the engine bay and you can see here that it clears the AC.

and here is some finished pics of the manifold pre wastegate fab.

and here is a pic of the wastegate fab’d into location to the rear and still clearing the shock tower with about 1/4in to spare. The waste gate is aimed up to recirc if so desired.

and here is a pic of the wastegate aimed down for atmosphere dump if also wanted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/turbociv/downsized_0907091313.jpg

This is the only known manifold to be done this way and was thought to be very tough to clear. However i am becoming very good at jamming 20lbs of shit into a 10lb bag. This manifold will be forsale and ill be begining my t4 top mount shortly after my short block is finished and assembled.

All the fabrication and tacking were done by myself and all the beautiful and complicated welding was done by only the best welder in the area. Lowlyoilburner. Thanks for the help matt, and i cant wait to give you my next manifold to weld.

Nice work man!

Nice work dude!!!

and that right there i why i want to buy a tig… i just love them minty as welds…

awesome job!!!

Well Done!

:lol: good stuff

thanks for the complaments guys, i have enough material for 2 more manifolds. 1 for me and 1 to sell so if anyone wants a baller custom topmount for there bimmer let me know and ill see what i can do.:slight_smile:

looks great!

Woah looks great. Make sure you post results when it gets on a car :tup:

Damn that looks complicated yet very fun to make! Thanks for sharing

crappy welds… :wink: any supports or such to be added (that i may not have seen…)

6 sch10 316ss runners is more then enough support.

any worry of motor movement causing complications?

wheres it gunna go? if the motor thrusts up or down the clearance becomes greater. with my mounts the motor hardly moves and that was with over 600whp.

impressive! … must resist urge to turbo either my M50 or M52.

I don’t know where it would go, that’s why I was asking… I figured if the motor twisted back and forth at all, that 1/4" clearance for the wastegate would be real close.

Good job though, looks intricate

that’s cool, didn’t realize it was that thick.

What kind of price does this carry?

this one in particular would be around $1400.00

i was aiming the less complicated manifolds to be priced out more around 1g.