Top Mount Manifold Issues

Ok i baught this new cast top mount manifold becuase last year after every track day I would have to fix me thin shitty stainless one becuase it would crack or blow out chunks.

Now the issue is with a big turbo it hits the brake master and with a small turbo is barely clears and well the boost doesn’t hold up as I used a small one last year and the boost dropped off at higher rpm’s

I attached a picture of the manifold.
I will attach pictures of the issues I am having with a small and big turbo.

I will use the small turbo again if I have to.

[ATTACH]15391[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15392[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15394[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15395[/ATTACH]

#1 big turbo
#2 extra piece i have lying around to cut up
#3 small turbo
#4 manifold bolted on to the engine
#5 manifold with extra piece cut and welding on (quick paint picture made up)

ok got a few pictures of the 2 different turbos bolted on the manifold.
now you can see the closeness issue I am having.
I also made a picture of what I can do to the manifold the white piece is the extra adaptor I have lying around and the red line is weld.

Let mw know what you all think about this or if there is anything else I could do.

You should just have someone build you one. *Hint hint… lol

I am unemployed and can not afford a million dollar exhaust that everyong sells.

Basically I will be just driving the car at like 17psi until it blows, then I will be doing my rb swap I have sitting on my shop floor ready to go.

I just need to toss this on and drive the shit out of it till she blows or starts giving me BIG problems

You don’t have to have one made out of stainless… To be 100% honest. Mild steel is FAR SUPERIOR to stainless (304) terms of how well it handles the heat. Mild > 304…
Just sayin… Stainless isn’t your only option, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I know just a good manifold cost like 500 and I don’t want to enter that kind of money into a setup that will only be on the car for a month or 2

new manifold, different turbo, or if the adapter will work are pretty much your only options

well i have been thinking and running ideas through my head and I think I have it figured out…

we will see how it turns out tomorrow and will post picture of what i decided to due.