My Little Project... *56K so-so*

LET STAGE 1 BEGIN… :slight_smile:

http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10673/Brakes%201.jpg
http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10673/Brakes%202.jpg

Stage 1 Summer Plan (nothing special really!):

1. Mild brake upgrade (seen above - Magnum drilled rotors, Metal Master pads, great deal) - TO BE INSTALLED IN A FEW DAYS
  2. ACT Clutch & Fidanza flywheel - COMING SOON
  3. Boost Designs Stage 1 Turbo, 8 PSI - COMING SOON

Just thought i’d share… :smiley:

Any suspension mods?
Hate to be a poke, but before you lay more power brakes you will have done and do suspension also. Go set of springs and shocks or coils.

Andrew.

My suspension is a pretty healthy set of Hicas (110lb) springs and Hicas sway bars, and polyurethane TC rod bushings.
I’m pretty happy with it for now. If I start feeling the power of 8 PSI (200-240rwhp or so) screaming suspension,
i’ll probably pick up some coilovers, likely Megans or Teins down the road.

That said, you do raise a valid point, and i’ve thought what i’m gonna do through.

if your into drag keep the stock susp on, will help you with your launches and hooking up

Well assuming that brakes are for better performance over a longer period, ie resisting fade aka track driving… I’m also wondering why the turbo is coming before tires/wheels/coilovers/braces. But hey, if you’re into drag, go for it.

Oh yeah, I also have front & rear STB’s as well, and Nismo engine mounts.

Tires are Michelin Pilots.

I am into drag, actually. Not hardcore or anything, I mean this is mostly gonna be a
streeter (hence the stock ride height and looks), but I love all areas of driving, and
drag is definitely included. Cracking the low 14’s in my “Street car” would render
me satisfied. That would be all I need.

I have thought day and night about suspension and pros/cons/finances etc before
coming to my decision…

I should be in line for a few track events this summer (yes, that’s where the stock
suspension may suck a little…), but, by all means it’s not a track warrior. I mean, i’ll
be wintering the car, and so the stock suspension will be kind of a trade-off in the
whole thing.

If I wanted a race car, i’d do things differently.

Once the turbo is on and I feel the setup to be reliable, and pending consistent
cash flow, I may think about a few more goodies.

I may also be dynoing the car soon before all the turbo parts go on to
be able to compare. :twisted:

Thanks to all for the input, it is appreciated! :smiley:

this to me is a waste of cash, but whatever

My outlook is that these stock DOHC motors apparently range from 115-135rwhp so I want to know where
I stand beforehand (with just an intake, 300ZX fuel filter, ground wires, Magnecors, HF cat &
tune-up that is).

Anyone else think I should do or skip the pre-turbo dyno?

I wouldn’t bother with the dyno… but I WOULD run it down the strip. It will be cheaper and you’ll at least get some seat time out of the money spend. But I suppose this assumes you’re not slapping on the turbo in hte very near future

I think i’ll save that ride you owe me 'till after you’re done that turbo swap :lol: :twisted:

Walter bud! Sure dude…lol…you’re on. It’s looking to be July-August-ish, hopefully
sooner. I don’t want a dollar of it on my Mastercard, ya know?? :slight_smile:

Happy240sx, that is actually a great idea…I think
i’m gonna do that instead! :smiley:

Find a dyno day that other people have organized and just do a baseline run. It should be $40-50 bucks for one or two pulls. Anything more I’d say stops being worth it.

180WHP isn’t exactly a lot of power. :lol: :lol:

Lots of cars come with shittier suspension than that with more HP…

It’s fine for non track car useage.

Look at a 5.0 Mustang…it’s a shoebox with a motor from hell, it handles more than ample for street.