My mom has MS

Damn bro, that sux. Hope everything goes OK for her and the rest of your fam. Best wishes, thoughts and prayers.

ouch man… sorry to hear that. One of my best friends, loren, her mom has MS (been diagnosed for a WHILE now) and she’s making it along ok. With the right treatment it can hold it off for a while, I believe. good luck bro

:frowning: sorry to heard that man…my mom was diagnosed with glaucoma :tup:

My aunt has MS as well.

Interesting fact, my mom has been a nurse for 25 years, while working with some nurses who have MS and were working on MS research they had come across the fact that

1: more predominent in women.

2: Every single case of MS can be traced to living near the Great Lakes at some point and time. At one point in their lives they lived near or on the lakes.

The thought at the time was that MS was caused by a deficiency in the body and that certain bacteria interact differently with different people. So everyone comes in contact with it, but some cant handle it and this is what happens, again this is a theory as no one has found the root cause of the disease.

Either way good luck to your mom. If she needs a home nurse to come to the home to administer steroid treatments or anything like that let me know, My mom has been running the VNA for the last 2 years in Niagara county but used to work in Erie and can put you in contact with a good nurse

My mom has had MS most of her life, she almost went blind in one of her eyes, she actually had to wear a patch for a while.
Now she is to the point where alot of the times she could barely walk, when we take her shopping she needs to use a wheel chair. I can barely stand to c her like that.
It suxz, theres not much doctors can do about it.
I know how u feel and i wish ur moms the best as i do mine.
Sometimes her symptoms are also affected by the weather

On a side note, if u ever watch Montell Jordan (my mom does) whether u belive it or not the psychic lady had said that doctors will find a cure for it ,so for the time being alls u can do is hope and wish for it to happen soon.

bobbyd

Very sorry to hear this, all of nyspeed will be thinking about her, give her our best

WTF… sorry to hear.

in my prayers.

My Mom also has MS. Be prepared to help her out alot during attacks. She’ll have to go on steriods every now and then. Don’t let her strain herself either. Even if she argues with you.

Just so you know NT had the most cases per mile in the country. Alot of people suspected it was from the Durez chemical plant in the middle of the city.

Thanx alot for the concern guys and keeping her in your prayers…it really means alot to me. I know medicine has come a long way on it and all…it just hurts to see something like this effect sombody you love…especially your mother. Sorry for everyone who has relatives with it…I hope they get better soon. Again thanx alot guys :tup:.

My aunt has MS as well. the thing that works best to ease her pain is a trip to florida… I don’t know how it works but she is always in better shape after coming back.

so go talk your mom into a vacation! and of course best of luck to you.

That could be a large contributing factor as well, t doesn surprise me especially during our industrial revolution and spread a large portion of industrial chemical and production plants were built around the great lakes to take advantage of the resource. The lakes are polluted to no end, it wouldnt surprise me if that was a large contributing factor as well.

Thats horrible that she has it, but Buffalo General is actually one of the leaders as far as MS research and treatment goes. My mom has been working on the research and treatment for over 15 years. I know you probably have your mother seeing very good doctors, but if she has any questions, let me know, I’ll give you my mom’s number.

If your mom is at Buffalo General, chances are she has already met my mom.

My grandpa has had MS for years, and he’s perfectly fine. That really sucks though. I’m sorry. It runs in my family, and I’m really scared like like, my mom or me is going to get it. My mom’s cousin has it too.

I don’t even really know what it is though to tell you the truth.

good luck to your mom, you and your whole family, stay strong and be there for her everyday. God Bless.

Well my mom went to the dr again today, they said shes past the relapse stage, and has secondary progressive somthing er other. she has to start immediate serioids and shit. Bad stuff mang…bad stuff.

I work with KuZz and indeed our boss has MS. I hope everything works out for you and your family.