My new 6.0L powerstroke

2006 F-250 XLT reg cab, 8ft bed. 51k on the clock, options were 6.0L, torqueshift, 3.73 limited slip rear end, 9600lb gvwr package, foglights, rear slider and running boards. spent about 6 hours today detailing it, too bad my camera sucks because the truck looks pretty good right now

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3286/005sjp.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9448/009vft.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3174/011kcr.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4072/007wy.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5486/016cc.jpg

there’s an expensive registration

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5485/014hme.jpg

no mods yet, just maintenance for now…possibly exhaust in the future. I’m trying to preserve head gaskets at this point. if the truck proves to be reliable over the next few years then i’ll consider some go fast goodies

Ford came out with a new fuel pressure regulator kit for 6.0s thats supposed to bump the pressure up to 65psi at idle. I’ve got one of those to put in next week. other than that everything’s pretty much done. so far i’ve done

-oil/filter change
-fuel filters
-4 bridgestone dueler revo 2s, roadforce balanced
-rear pads/rotors
-trans fluid replaced with mercon LV and in-pan filter changed
-aligned front end
-install block heater wiring
-full exterior detail, clay, polish, wax
-replaced peeling front ford emblem and powerstroke fan shroud piece

I’d like to get a spray in bedliner for it. the bed was definitely used. other than that i fucking love this truck

Nice. I wish I had the money… I stopped and looked at a few F250’s and F350’s at different lots in the area. I want a truck again, badly. Looks like a nice pickup.

def a sweet truck. clean for sure.

looks nice, registration is expensive for the 3/4 tons. any plans to ditch the EGR system at least?

yeah I’ve got a few things I’m piecing together. i’ll get an EGR cooler delete kit and probably change the oil cooler while i’m in there. maybe take the turbo apart and check it out. i also have the updated one piece STC fitting kit coming in this week, I’ll pull the HPOP cover and install that when the intake/egr cooler is off

next on the list is to install that regulator kit. i want to do a before and after fuel pressure reading to see what the difference is. i willl let you guys know

cheeks, was it your 7.3 i saw down jeffs a couple weeks ago? how’s that been treating you?

there was a good chance it was my truck, mines blue with a silver stripe. Aside from my second ficm, that truck is awesome. it just turned 224k miles and runs like a top. I’d like a newer truck but honestly, for as good as its been plus no payments, I can’t complain

yeah, blue/silver two-tone. it was yours then. i don’t know who does your work but if your ever shopping around for a repair or even advice let me know. i work with a guy that knows 7.3s in and out. i don’t really do any crazy 7.3 work but i know a little bit about what to look for

do you ever read any powerstroke forums? i see there’s a couple different ones out there, i haven’t figured out which one is the best yet

Most of the diesel related stuff I do myself unless I can’t do it, I’ll keep you in mind. thankfully I haven’t really encountered something that I can’t do yet but who knows

I’m on powerstroke.org, theres a TON of good info on there, my name is cheeks on there as well

god i miss that truck cheeks. pat told me the tranny went out again?

nah, we were trying to figure out that shaking and the theory was it was the tc, it turned out that the driveshaft threw a weight off, but I thought it might have been tranny related

Believe it or not I hit a fucking deer today

lucky it didn’t do a damn bit of damage. nothing, not a scratch, dent or anything anywhere. i was going about 35mph on a back road, woods on both sides and all the sudden i see this little four point running along the passenger side my truck. before i new it he ran straight into my RF wheel. knocked him down, heard a bunch of clunking around i’m like fuck, i had already seen the rack and envisioned it dragging down the side of my door. i couldn’t believe there wasn’t a mark on the truck

superduty 1
deer 0

best part about it was in 6 years of daily driving the GT i never even came close to hitting one. i’ve had this truck for 3 weeks

you’ll learn to love that truck more and more everyday, its hilarious how much abuse they can take

I put in my fuel pressure regulator kit today. took a before/after idle readings at the test port on the secondary fuel filter housing. both times i had a slight fuel leak at the adapter due to not having an oring on the fitting. it shouldn’t skew the overall increase though

before - 52 psi

after…

66 PSI!!! do the math, that regulator bumped me up 14psi. the thing idles smoother now and feels like it has a much more responsive low end. when i was in boost i didn’t notice a big difference. i don’t have a 0-100 psi gauge set long enough to reach outside of the vehicle.

now on to the egr cooler kit, i waiting for a guy to call me back but i have all the hardware/gaskets needed to do it. also picked up a set of dummy plugs for the high pressure rail

ordered a diesel tech EGR cooler delete tonight

nice, next a programmer…then head studs and fire rings and you’ll be set!!!

What was the detail process for that thing? I cant imagine trying to do a FULL Detail on a truck that size, the roof would be so hard to go through all of the steps!

Oh and I will wait patiently for the burnout vids.

and then a tranny

right, must’ve slipped my mind

i clayed the whole thing, roof and all, very thoroughly. used 2 bars in the process, i got a lot of green shit off that ruined the first one. took rubbing compound to all the scratches and touched up all the chips on it. i still haven’t wetsanded any of the touchup spots but they look okay. i apply touchup with a small artists paint brush

after all that i buffed it with megs #7 glaze and polished that off by hand. then i put on a coat of mothers reflections car wax then 2 coats of reflections top coat. everything was applied via random orbital and taken off by hand

jeff will vouche for it, the truck cleaned up nice

hopefully no tranny. it’s got a torqueshift, which i absolutely love, its gotta be the best shifting factory trans.

and no burnout vids, tires are too new… it does haul ass though, i made it up to 25psi sunday

Truck looks good. Strictly out of curiousity, how much do you want for the Grand Pricks?