My new car shopping thread

Basically I am sick of dealing with my fucking truck, last year has been hell for it and me. Not really planning on trading it in, as it will come in handy to have a truck around as a second vehicle though. I am going on over a month with out it from the fucking theft thanks to my god damn insurance company and TPD. Basically I am looking for opinions and issues of people that have owned said cars.

What I want: Something RWD (Maybe AWD but Sti and evos, meh not for me right now), Manual, back seat would be nice, not a nessecity has to look professional enough for when I go to lunch/dinner with clients I don’t look like some punk ass kid. What I am looking at so far

03-04 G35c: want the brembo’s, love the Vq motors, comfort, I can’t complain about anything.

Any issues, common problems?

05-06 GTO: Meh I gotta put it in here cause its easy to make supid power levels with, IRS+LSX=fun, little heavy, not too much a fan of the styling on the outside, like the inside, plus I would want the 6.0

Pros and cons

03-04 Cobra: Ok, I just want a blown small block, 500+hp easily attainable, But i would probably lose my liscense real fast, I will rev at your grandma in her wheel chair

I know I probably wont pick this up, as I don’t think I would be driving it to much

03-05 330: luxury, nice DD, fun enough not to get bored, but at the same time with some of the people I deal with I can’t really be labled the average BMW prick

Pro’s Cons

06-07 Sky Redline: Bastard child of the bunch but could be fun to drive

Pro’s Cons

03-05 Z: Would rather have the G35, but not eliminated

If I could find one for a decent price, E39 540 6-speed, I like max’s, alot

Just for you!

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23475

i say either the G35c or the 330

both great cars.

Dont get the 330i if you plan on leaving whatever you buy stock. It’ll leave a lot to be desired IMO (like suspension, sways, and an LSD). It understeers like a pig and the ass snaps out when it finally decides to go. Not very fun/rewarding to drive IMO.

Thom, 540i’s have come down A LOT in price. I know of a couple black/black manual '98’s with updated headlights/tails from the '01’s for $14-16k.

the 540’s would be exactly what I am looking for, bah, I would like to leave it stock for a bit, but I know I wouldn’t, and I never knew the 330i did not have an LSD, thanks

Boosted sky

u shut up thom… u get the damn 330 :slight_smile:

seriously though. I like the G35c. I say look into those. Sporty… classy, sooo hotTt

Turbo Legacy?

stylish, comfy, without the bimmer predjudice. and with a little help can be made quite quick.

2002 s2000?

That was the only AWD car I was really even thinking about

Ehh if I had to have a dailey driven vert, that would be top on my list, but for some reason I am just not even looking at it, I mean I like the car a lot

+1 I was a cunt hair away from trading my sti in for one a month ago. The dealership had a promotion that was gonna give me an insane amount for mine. It fell through though and i am left with the STi. At least go for a test drive, Jeff at northtown can get you hooked up with one.

g35 coupe

great daily

come back up here and buy my z for 17k

G35 all the way

S2000?