My new car v. "insert witty car name here"

My car has a perrin FMIC, but honestly there’s quite a few people on IWSTI and nasioc running the SSAC intercoolers and they have great luck with them. I just can’t bring myself to chance it I stick with what is known to work.

If you wanted to even to a minor intercooler upgrade the 08+ TMIC’s were a good bit larger and flow a bit better. I’m sure it would help with your power up top.

Yeah the 08 and up STi top mounts are huge and bolt right on. You can pick them up for around $350 on NASIOC.

jay ran an e-bay front mount kit on his sti, making some serious power, and never once had an issue. they actually arn’t all that bad

I thought synapse built him one using a garrett core, or did he have the ebay one before that?

ebay one before that… ran it hard with that for some time without one problem

Ebay FMIC is garbage. Buschur tested it, don’t waste your money

yea but for a kit. the piping is worth it, just upgrade to a better fmic

Not sure what their test consisted of, but I saw a chart some wheres a while back and it had a pressure drop of like 1.5psi…it was comparable to the big dawgzz. I mean $300, or $1400…if you’re on a budget then I’d say go for it.

Nothing to do with pressure drop. IC’s primary function is just that…cooling.

I don’t believe a single word that dildo says. Many people run them with excellent results. Real world results > bullshit Buschur tests.

^lmao. As far as pressure drop having nothing to do with sombodies choice in a fmic, I think it’s a pretty big deciding factor. It was for myself at least.

I just meant that it’s not the only factor.

the s.t.i i used to beat the hell out of ran the same setup and it got hot , but never blew up . but it did burn to the ground in your neck of the woods lol

not due to the FMIC tho

never had a f.m.i.c . only top mount